"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Stealing


The Yeah Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.

Let's go!!!

The Yeah Meme


From FYeah, Surveys!

Do you have another window or tab open? If so, what are they for?  I have Sunday Stealing open and  Gmail.

Do you like to cook/bake?  I LOVE to cook and bake.  I just wish I could still eat everything I know how to make but, Alas.... :o(

What are you currently listening to?  I'm listening to my little doggie have a dream of woofing at other dogs, or maybe strange men.  He doesn't like male strangers.

How long have you lived in the house you live in?  42 years.  I never wanted to be here this long.  I could really leave it tomorrow with no regrets.

Are you tired?  Lordy, I am always tired.  I could sleep for a week.

Do you pick your words carefully, or just tend to blurt everything out?   I've learned to pick my words carefully.  There are people around you who are carrying terrible burdens.  It is best to keep compassion to the fore and not blurt that first thing out.  I've learned this by being around Buddhists who are a lot different.  They are so calm, and all.  Mindful.

Are you nice to everyone?  Yes, there is this thing (which I believe with my whole being) about us all being connected, and I believe we greet the God within everyone when we meet them. Not only that, the two recognize each other.  It is an amazing way to initialize "meetings".  It's like Electrical Magical Mysteriousness.

Have you ever tripped in public?  I've fallen in public.  This failing has come on me as I got older.  As long as you don't mean "tripped" in public.  Nope, I've never ever done that one.

Are you a morning person or a night person?  I hate staying up really late but I don't like getting up really early anymore either.

Is it easier to forgive or forget?  Easier to forgive.  I don't think you are programmed to forget, because that's what generally is called a "first line of defense".

Is there something that’s recently shocked you?  Yes.  I learned about some politically motivated black ops things.  But really, at my age, I have no business being shocked at anything that's done.

Which is harder: walking away from somebody you love or coming back?  Walking away.

What were you doing at midnight last night? Reading Princess Bride.

What color are your eyes?  Medium brown with blue rings around the edge.

12 comments:

  1. Wow...42 years. That is a looooong time in one location. I know how you feel about your house, though. We're coming up on 20 years here and it was never supposed to be this long. I'll probably be here forever at this point, though it would bother me, either, to move tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be, too. I knew after only a few weeks here that I didn't want to stay. The whole neighborhood was in a feud, and the only three people who weren't involved became my good friends, so it eased the pain. I'm very much a people person, too. It just made it worse. I want to go North, to San Luis O or maybe further. Hope you can get out! Freeeeeedoooooooommmmm!

      Delete
  2. My reading group read the Princess Bride and had a great time with it. Most of us had seen the movie (multiple times) but never read the book. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, and funny. Never did I dream there was a book called Princess Bride. Yes, such fun!

      Delete
  3. It always cracks me up when my dogs have dreams and move their arms and legs. Like they are chasing a cat in their sleep or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't dogs great. They are like little two year old kids, without the tantrums. hehe I love cats, too, but can't have them anymore. I've worn out a couple of vacuums with cat hair, and now I can't keep up with a cat! Poodle x's for me forever.

      Delete
  4. 42 years!!!! I think you win the award for being in a house the longest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy that is a LONG time to be in one place. I've outlived most of the snooty neighbors and some beloved ones as well. Now I just want a shack on the moors of Monterey County! One with a store room for all the yarn and fabrics!

      Delete
  5. You have lived in your house a long time. I expect to be where I am for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll never get to leave this place. I want to be with my daughters but my sister's sick, DH's mother is hanging on, bless her heart, and here we will stay.

      Delete
  6. I keep hearing good things about Princess Bride - both film and book. I'm now giving it priority consideration!

    I enjoyed your meme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is fun to read, as the author explains some changes he made for the screenplay. It's a little unusual but you also find out a few more things, like how the Princess thinks, or how the love affair developed between her and Farm Boy. I'm loving this book and think you will too. The movie is stellar! But I suggest watching it before the reading book.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..