"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Being there.....oooo TV!

I'll Be There for You

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

1) This song begins with, "So no one told you life was gonna be this way …" What do you wish you knew five years ago about your life now?  Generally, I don't live my life this way, so taking it the way it comes is my more natural approach to life. 

2) This is, of course, the theme from Friends, which is frequently shown back-to-back on TVLand and TBS. Have you ever "binge-watched" a show, catching episode after episode?  You bet, but not "Friends"... yet... hmmm... I need to find that.  We've avidly watched,  "Frazier", "Third Rock", "Lost", "Hoarders", "Big Bang Theory", and the insane, "'Til Death".

3) On the show, Monica and Rachel shared a beautiful 2BR/2BA Soho apartment with a private balcony. It's estimated that such a pad would cost at least $3500/month in today's real-life New York. Describe your dream home.  A big Craftsman House near the Harbor in Santa Cruz.  That baby is mine if I become a billionaire.

4) Of the six main characters, only Chandler was an only child. Do you have any siblings? A sister and a brother.

5) Gunther was the barista at Central Perk, the coffee shop where the Friends hung out. He had an ongoing, unrequited love for Rachel. Are you crushing on anyone right now? Does he/she know?  NA, lol.  Well, I love characters, like that Legolas hottie.

6) Currently Matt ("Joey") LeBlanc stars in the Showtime series Episodes, playing a character named Matt LeBlanc. If there was going to be series based on your life, who would play you?  In temperament, it would have to be Sandra Bullock.

7) Courtney Cox, who portrayed Monica, has the Twitter handle @CourtneyCox and has 628,000 followers. What was your last tweet?  I tweeted my friend G. last month.  I'm not much of a Tweeter, really.

8) The creators of Friends were massive soap opera fans. They named their characters after recurring characters on All My Children* and had Joey appear on Days of Our Lives. Have you ever been hooked on a daytime drama? No.  But I can still hear Sesame Street echoing off the walls from time to time. lol

9) The band who performed this song, The Rembrandts, took their name from the famous Dutch painter. Can you see any artwork from where you're sitting right now? Tell us about it (and yes, a school painting by your 7-year-old nephew counts). I can see a framed Kennan Ward photo of the Northern Lights.  He's an amazing photographer who has a studio in Santa Cruz.  You should see his polar bear shots.  Wish I had one of those.

*According to IMDB: Ross for Ross Chandler, Joey for Joey Martin, Chandler for the Chandler family, Monica for Monique/Daisy Cortland, Rachel Greene for Janet Green, and Phoebe for Phoebe Tyler Wallingford.


6 comments:

  1. Sunny day, chasing the clouds away/on my way to where the air is sweet/can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street .... Me, too! Guilty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one and that darn Count! I'm still counting pieces of laundry out of the dryer. Gah!

      Delete
  2. I hope you become a millionaire and get that home- sounds awesome! I'll have to check out that photographer's work, I love nature photography. I picked Sandra Bullock too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! In Cal home like I described is probably worth 11 million. sheesh. Anyway, isn't Sandra wonderful. She could act her way through just about anything successfully. I love her. Also, you will love browsing through Kennan Ward's stuff. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I would love to photograph the Northern Lights. I saw them once in the early 70s they were so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, sorry for the late reply. I hope that someday you will get the chance to go back an to photograph them. There is a Finnish Laplander (I think) resort that is set up just so people can come and view and photograph the lights, and then dash back into neat little warm and snug snow huts. I saw it somewhere once upon a time.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..