"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Music: Journey, singing "Don't Stop Believin"? Tort report, plus some knitting chat; odd flower.

All the songs I wanted to put up have flown my brain.  But I did want to do something from Journey, so here goes.  My favorite song from them.  A little escape music for us, eh?

ROCK ON FOREVER JOURNEY!



Journey!  I will always love this band.  

Med report:
I see the surgeon soon for post op chat.  Hopefully, he'll give the all clear for fitness and weight training.  One stubborn little scar is not healed and looks a little red.  But I'm thankful for the rest of them that are healed up!  I've also lost 8 pounds from being sick.  I fully intend to keep off these pounds with due diligence with the new forever diet.  

Knitting report: I've knit this morning until my left hand sent signals to quit -sadly only two rows.  =(

But, happily, yesterday I found the slip of paper that I'd written with the pattern progression on it and all finished rows.  I'm very glad the other sock is finished.  I knit, pattern only, on the cuff and stockinette on the foot, since patterning on a foot, too me, is just a little irritating.  I know, it's "Princess and the Pea" stuff.


The yarn is a Sundara  in "Glacial" that a very kind sock knitter sent to me; a time that must be years ago now. I had never knit with Sundara's yarn, and loved the color - a very pale ice blue, and my friend had some that she didn't like because the color was so pale.  I LOVE it!  It is a tiny bit more blue than the snap under artificial light shows.  Thank you, kind friend of mine!

Tort Report:  Both babies spend time outside in their wire pen, eating like horses.  They get grasses and roses just like the big ones.  The roses have blown so DH clips them and drops them for the torts who always eat roses as a big treat, like watermelon and strawberries.  Roses have a lot of calcium for good bones.

Here is Poko Ono, getting some sun while she contemplates a "Speed Bump" in her way to the great Shade Garage this Spring.


Flowers are everywhere but this Tillanzia has such a tiny, unusually beautiful flower.  To my eye, the bloom on the left looks just like a Laser Ruby in a gold setting.  I think it's beautiful.


Well, more news tomorrow.  I wish you all a wonderful week, filled with as many little joys as is possible.  Americans are sort of trained on the future and all, but daily lives need to be enriched with awareness of tiny Joys and small opportunities to help others - four-legged and winged as well as bipeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..