"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Stealing and a sock report.


The Easter Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.
Let's go!!!



The Easter Meme

From the now-defunct blog of Tense Teacher (the link is dead).

What are your Easter traditions? 
We now have no Easter Traditions.  

Do you hard boil and decorate eggs? 
We used to.  It was last year that we finally decided that we'd do it no more.

How do you decorate your home for Easter? 
I have ceramic bunnies I've made over the years.  And a glass basket with ceramic eggs goes on the table.

Do you make/buy special outfits for yourself and your kids on Easter? 
I used to make some from time to time.  Not for me, but sometimes for the kids.

What is your favorite Easter dish? 
I used to like to make Greek Easter Bread.

When did you learn the truth about the Easter Bunny? 
Is the Easter Bunny bad?  I haven't heard anything about him.  Does he secretly smoke grass?  Steal things for other holidays to give to his kids?  Tell me!


Do you spend Easter at home, on vacation, or with family? 
We used to have almost legendary Easter egg hunts, and they were lots of fun.  Seven little grandkids can make quite a crowd!

First one up on Easter morning? 
Always, DH is up ahead of me, though when the Easter bunny came we both helped him hide the four baskets.
Go to mass or church? 
We used to go to Silent Meeting, with a brunch after wards.  I keep silent service with myself now.

What are your favorite Easter hymns and/or choir arrangements? 
I really don't have any.

How many Easter egg hunts does your family usually participate in? 
One, when it was on.

Do you make deviled eggs out of leftover Easter eggs? 
Oh yes.  Love those.  We actually make them every year but not this year.

Are you tired of eggs by the end of the Easter Season? 
No.  Eggs are a favored food.

Are Peeps good or gross? 
Peeps are cute but tasteless   We have some in the freezer.  I was hoping to make a couple of frozen rabbits fight a duel in the microwave.  This may still happen.

What company makes the best chocolate for Easter time? 
I'm not sure, probably Godiva or See's.  See's makes lovely things for Easter.

Lots of candy or not? 
Not.

What is your favorite Easter candy? 
I like the big Easter Eggs from See's.

Do you find plastic Easter grass hidden in places for months after Easter is over? 
No.  I do have some hidden from Myself somewhere in the sewing stuff.  

What’s your favorite color for fake grass?
I like the iridescent stuff.  I also like green crinkled paper Easter grass.  That's good all year long for resting fruits in baskets to ripen.


Knitting report:  I've knit two rows on Jane's Hedgerows.  One sock was already finished and the other got caught up in an inadvertent second sock Syndrome.  I may be cured. I'm sure feeling better since the infection is gone along with my now "Missing Piece".   

PS.  Isn't that a cute children's book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..