"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Pacific Ocean

I cannot imagine an earthly life without this vast ocean called the Pacific.  I am so thankful for all of the Oceans, all of which combine to create the Jeweled Setting for our home Planet, this "Big Blue Marble", though Earth is, in the vastness of Space, a mere dot.

Earth is also a "Ball of Rotting Rock", in the immortal words of poet Robert Frost.

I see the ocean Everywhere.
two inch agate chip


Pictures of the Pacific:

Jimmy looks out to sea - at the Tidelands at Torrey Pines Beach

Annie's Picture of the Ocean sunset, Pacific Beach


Along Mendocino Coastline

The beginning of the turn away from Lost Coast 
Beach Combers looking for Agates at Agate Beach Park


Big Sur - this is the Artist's Beach
You walk down a little tunnel of a dry stream bed,
with shrubby trees over growing it like an Arbor.  You come out to the most gorgeous place with a hole in the rocks.
Humbolt Coastline, looking South.  

Mouth of the Humbolt River in Northern California
Looking down at the rocks at Pt. Reyes Lighthouse
Looking North up the coast from Point Reyes towards Tamales Bay

I find Peace in this Ocean's timelessness; it is a Peace that is as complete as Religious meditation.

May you be at Peace, and Walk with Beauty all around you.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of Thankful Thursdays. I, too, am an ocean fan, but I like being underneath the water. I understand your feelings though. I have always said I feel closer to God when I am scuba diving than anywhere else in the world. How great is His creation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scuba gear was something that my ears wouldn't let me do. Mr. Z's parents learned in their 50's, and I would have loved it. Back then everything was still alive and well, too!

      I'm an ocean swimmer, and love to boogie board and body surf. Make all that past tense. It was thrilling, I tell you! Yes, how great is God's creation! Even if the bosun particle has been a little illusive, I think there will be something even more ephemeral! They will never catch that one! hehe

      Delete
  2. Now I miss the ocean! Great pictures!!! Did you take them yourself? I love hearing the sound of the Ocean~ I have to settle for a creek or lake if I have one near by. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, come on over! Dip in a toe! :-) Thanks for your comment about the pictures. All are mine except for the one by Annie, who shared it with me when she went back home. Also, it you miss the sounds of the ocean, you can get them online somewhere. They are used for meditation practice. Creaks and brooks make lovely little sounds. Also, Netflix has a stream with a creek in it. If I can find the site for the ocean sounds that's free, I'll post it soon. Hugs back Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..