"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Memes.. Five Minute Friday- "Change": And the friday5.

Five Minute Friday's new home is linked in the side bar under the collection of weekly memes.   Though this one really makes me think on the run, I try to just DO it, and let the chips fall where they may, which is exactly the whole point of this MeMe.  It helps to get a person into the habit of the free association writing style.  It's wonderful and it works!  It's rule is that you be kind, and follow up with a comment on at least one other nearby poster.  I would read them all some weeks but time has gotten short here!

Five Minutes, on the topic of  "Change";

Most people don't like a lot of change.  A little change is good but earth shaking, war induced flight sort of change is terrifying and to be avoided.  Moving the furniture around was one of my favorite sports, and it is change that I miss being able to make on my own anymore.  I'd have to enlist the help of the heavy lifting guy.  He just turns a blind eye to my entreaties to move things around.  I don't have this problem all the time but sometimes, he just doesn't want things moved!

Loose Change is something I collect, the kind that jingles.  I love coins.  My very favorite coin is the English Farthing, but the Irish penny is beautiful too!  I don't have many coins but the ones I do have I consider to be little works of art.   That's why the quarters and nickles were so popular, I'm betting, because since our change got debased with copper, which turned out to be a laugh, those fancy quarters won't ever be worth that much in collections.  Well, every single American went wild to collect them and I'd bet our collective spare change kept the country afloat just a little bit.

Change, that anomaly that can turn into a revolution or just be a little jingly sound in your hand.  I love both kinds if they are not either of them too heavy or too drastic.

That's all she wrote!


friday5 is just short and sweet and fun.  I hope that you will feel encouraged to join in the fun.  The linkie button is also in the side bar, and this one has no rules.

Here we go!

"Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!"

 1.What’s something you have a grumpy old person’s attitude about?
Since I'm not sure what a grumpy old person's attitude is, I'd like to say that I don't feel any older than 30 until I look into a mirror.  And, having said this, I'd say one thing I don't do is tell everyone how good it was in the "old" days.  It makes even the 10 year old grumpy.

2. What is evidence of your not being a completely grumpy old person?
I still like all kinds of music?  I like jokes? 

 3. What’s something in your wardrobe that might qualify as old people’s attire?
Since I  have no moomoos, I'm completely agog at this question.  All my attire is old stuff.

 4. When during the week do you tend to be your grumpiest?
When I have to go to the gym.  I really don't like going, but it's important to do it.  But I still drag my feet out the door.  Then, when I'm there, I like it!

 5. Who in your family is most often in a bad mood, and who’s most often in a good mood?
Even my 96 year old mother in law is cheerful, so I'm not sure about this at all.  Every person alive has grumpy times, like when they are in pain, tired, or have just woken up.  There is this joke that became a bumper sticker.  It goes like this, " I don't wake up Grumpy until I make the coffee and take her some when I do."
Thanks for participating, and have a non-grumpy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hah...my mil buys me mumu's every Christmas and I wear them when I am doing housework. I actually posted a photo on my blog where I was inadvertently wearing a mumu and my sister and daughter had a fit LOL....only my sil understood because my mil buys her mumus too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, what a crack up! Hahahaha!

      I actually had forgotten about mumu's until last winter. The first time I wore them was in the dorm at Uni. One friend had a sewing machine there, and she offered to sew mumus for a group of us. I have a pattern I used in the 60's to make my sister and I matching ones, and I've been thinking of making some for easy winter dressing. They are actually sort of warm because they take several yards of fabric. I'll try to find the pattern and put it up. I guess there is a Mumu revival going on, too! Looking at Pinterest this evening people are scrambling for old patterns. hehe I think the patterns for Polynesian style ones are gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. I like your take on change. I like the jingling kind too. Richard and I always brought home a handful of change from the places that we visited and gave it to the grand-kids as souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a terrific thing to do. Kids like tiny treasures that they can keep tucked in a keepsake box. Some of the coins are just beautiful. The Lyre on the Irish money and the little wren on the Farthing for instance. My farthing kept walking out of it's box so I've had to replace it a few times. Little fingers like birds. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..