"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday Tails, knitting the toe, Blog award Blog, etc

Today these little dancing dogs are brought to you through stealing.  Sunday Stealing and Bud Weiser.


I love this breed but BOY are they a handful!

I've added another blog and, yes, I know it's been terribly slow because there are many more than 15 that I would nominate for this award.  Thank you Wendy for being so patient!

The blog is called Living in my Valley.  I find Karen's blog inspirational because of her writing skills and everything she shares about, well, living in her valley!  She shares a lot about the lifestyle of almost living off the land.  Also,  she is a knitter. 

Speaking of knitting..  I've been knitting and reading, knitting and organizing and knitting... and knitting.  I've found that fran's ten minute rule works for my hand.  Even though I do knit right handed, the left hand thinks it needs to be more active than it is because it's trying to maintain it's dominance.  Slapping it doesn't seem to disabuse it of this misconception, though it has lost the Computer Mouse fight, and the writing fight.  Now, the Right hand is trying to be obsequious, and it does concede the space bar wrangling to the Left thumb which guards it's territory viciously, even when it's aching like a Sorry Old Blister.  This space bar duty is something that will probably stay with the left thumb, since no amount of retraining has been able to change the status quo.  I guess if someday the left thumb falls OFF, this will change.

We have got another trunk from one of the kids, and we moved a TON of things yesterday to give it space in the dining area.  There is just nothing like AC to revitalize an old Hen like me.

This has to do with fins rather than tails, but I thought it deserved to be blogged.  You can ignore the appeal for funds in the corner, but aren't the numbers just astronomical regarding the killing of sharks?  And look down in the left corner for things that are more likely to nail your hide.  Toasters?


Rabia says that her kids are back in school already.  Wow!  I do know that my daughter is very VERY glad that she is through with her education, for now.  She just wants to find a job.

Ok, that's enough blah blah for one day!  Enjoy the week, and the coming of Fall. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for hanging in there and sharing these blogs with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pleasure is mine, Wendy. I'm in hog heaven getting to read all the ones that are popping up in a search! Blogging gets HUGE when something like this clues a person into new ones. Blog reading is my favorite sport these days, so that "Thanks" goes right back to you! Sorry to be so slow but the list is growing... 10 more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the little dancing dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so darned cute, aren't they? You've reminded me to send the pic to my sister. Thank you!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..