"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday Tails - National Dog Day was today...

I found this out at Ellen's Blog, HERE.  So  to all the happy dog lovers out there, Happy National Dog Day!

The little Dog of Many Colors

Just home from the groomers and very proud!
Since I'm reconstructing this post, I'll just briefly tell you of a new Netflix we've been watching.  It's about a vet named Dr. Pol.  If you look for it, I think it's called The Amazing Dr. Pol.
Since I was raised on a small farm with only small animals, but had to kill some of them for dinner, I'm used to blood and some muck.  It doesn't bother me a lot.  Be aware that this is a large and small animal practice so you will see some big animals giving birth, and some other things unpleasant to the sensitive and to children.  Everyone in this show is just amazing.  Such kind and true hearts.

The film crew, or perhaps the edit master, did an excellent job of cutting or blurring images so as to assuage the feelings of viewers and lower the impact of those images at times.  Having given this warning, or proviso, if you will, I'll say that this is worth watching.  Also, you don't hear very many bad words, and the ones that you do hear are mild.  These vets are thoroughly wonderful.  They love animals and do everything they can to help them.

I haven't knit a stitch, but I did do some Organizing.  The trunk in the photos is a bit of a wreck but I love it.  It's older than I am, and that says something.  It's also had a hard life.  It's called a bride's trunk, but it looks like it took some across country trips in a buckboard or two.  I'm sure it must have fallen off the back of a Model T Ford, even, during the dust bowl.  Anyway, I do love it, DH is warming to it, and it is a great organizer for the flotsam and jetsam of Christmas decorations heretofore stuck in various nooks and crannies of the Z family habitat.


This holds a LOT.  Angels, ceramic snowmen families
and tinsel, Oh My!

6 comments:

  1. I want a dog that looks like the scarf the groomer put on him. :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for that show, sounds interesting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. I think you will relate to the farmer's and to the vets. This is a less sanitized version of the Harriot series on PBS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it hurts for people to see how things are on a farm. If you are going to eat you should understand where your food comes from and how hard it was to produce it. Country children are not protected from the realities of life, after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, ellen, it doesn't hurt for urbanites to see how things are on a farm. Nor are country children spared the realities of the process. They also are discouraged by their parents from naming the food animals. But they do it anyway! We sure did! Also, rural children do know how much work goes into raising meat. Chores are a little more than washing dishes or mowing a lawn, good chores though they are.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..