"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 19, 2014

Updated: Legalize it already! Saturday 9



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Margaritaville (1977)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song Jimmy sings of "booze in the blender." What do you prepare in your blender?
Being such a goody goody girl now I make smoothies in it, with protein powder, juice and bananas.  Yummmm! Long ago I made Cadillac Margaritas in it.  Double Yummmm!

2) As the song opens, Jimmy is sitting on his front porch swing. Describe the front porch of the building you're in right now.
There is no front porch, nor for that matter is there a back porch.  I've longed for a Craftsman House since I was 10 years old, with that nice house-wide porch in the front.  But, alas...

3) Jimmy sings of being able to smell boiling shrimp. Do you prefer your shrimp boiled, glazed or breaded?
When I was able to eat them, I liked my shrimp boiled and cold- to dip into a cocktail sauce, or else breaded then deep fried.  We bought them shell on, and had to clean and butterfly them. And how could I forget Shrimp Scampi???   Lovely things!
4) During the song, he mentions his flip flops. Have you put your flip flops and sandals away till spring? Or is it still warm enough to wear them?
We wear them all year long when we wear shoes at all.  Aren't the new decorated ones terrific looking?  I like the little fuzzy ones that have been wrapped in fun fur yarns.  HERE is a whole page of photos of the little beauties with even some links on how to make them.

5) Jimmy Buffett had hoped this song would be recorded by Elvis Presley, but The King died before he could perform it. What's the first Elvis song that comes to mind?  This is really weird.  I was trying to pick out a song by Elvis to use on Monday, and this great forbidden music phenom lept to mind:  "You Ain't Nothing But a HoundDog!"   
source
Pycho Dad had threatened to break my little transistor radio if I listened to any more rock and roll, especially sleazy Elvis, and he overheard it. I figured he should know what sleaze was and ignored him.  My mother just let us listen to it when he wasn't around.  

6) Buffett fans are known as Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?  You mean besides my Hawaiian shirt and my foam fin hat?  

7) Loyal Parrotheads paid between $500 and $5000 to see Mr. Buffet at a fundraiser for Barack Obama's 2012 Presidential campaign. What's the most you would pay for a concert ticket?  Well, not that much.  We did pay around $40 to see a concert by Neal Diamond.

8) Jimmy is an outspoken environmentalist and supports causes like ocean conservation, saving the manatees and expanding the Dallas Zoo. What steps do you take to help save the planet?  A lot.  I'm not kidding.  A lot.  As much as we can afford and then some.  There are kids on this planet, besides all the other earthlings who have done nothing to deserve what is rolling down the pike.

9) Uh-oh. When Jimmy and the Coral Reefers played in Wisconsin this past August, more than two dozen concertgoers got tickets for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Do you believe pot should be legalized?  Pot?  Hell yes!  It should be!  
 Take the freaking MONEY out of it for the deadly gangs.  What's happening is senseless.

Update:  But, taxing the sales is ok.  The states that legalized Pot are already making some money, which is good when you think about that aspect.  HERE  And, Calvina Fay, alcohol and cigarettes are not really drugs.  They have almost ZERO use for anything but killing a person yet they've been legal for years.

I suppose I'm just too old to beat around the bush anymore.  I think that the powers that be made a HUGE mistake when they started calling Cannabis a controlled substance and put it in a class with some really BAD stuff.  What is that saying?  Double Dumass U?





Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. SCAMPI! YES!

    I enjoyed the link to the funky furry flip flops. (Try saying that three times fast!) But, alas, not for me. Heel spurs, plus I hate that feeling between my toes. So I'm relegated to Birkenstocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gal, I'd rather type it than say it. Lol! Also, I am re-thinking flip flops myself, but dang it's hard to let go of that Cali life style Icon. And YES to SCAMPI !!!!! Yummm!

      Delete
  2. P.S. Love the old radio photos and your memories of that subversive Elvis Presley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we still had our old radios. Amazing things those teensy boxes that took over our lifes! And yes, the King was so very subversive. hehehehe.. Poor old Psycho Dad!

      Delete
  3. Fun fur flip flops???? Oh my, I know what I'm making for my sisters (and myself)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are so much fun to make, and little kids really love them, too. Have fun with the fun fur! Don't forget to embellish with some buttons or flowers or something. hehe

      Delete
  4. I with you on #8, besides the Prius my house is passive solar. Right now I can't afford solar panels. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done an amazing amount! Cars are really big carbon users. We don't have solar panels either, because the only place on the roof they could go and pay off is already taken up by a Solahart we've had since 84. Check into everything, like community programs that might aid you. Some communities have householders that have banded together to share costs, and some states have programs for affordability, like a rebate program.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..