"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Knitting Blues blah blah

Many blues...

Sometimes phone cameras are just a blog reader's nightmare, eh?

And my little morning snoozy mate....  Wolfie is a morning nap taker and it doesn't bother him at all that the chair is too narrow for the both of us.  Maybe this snuggling brings back happy memories of the babyhood Puppy Pile.


He's mostly black.  Something tells me I've posted this snap before!


Knitting blah blah:  This is mostly for my notes.  There's nothing to brag about with my knitting:

So far, a few rows of the cast offs for the sleeves.  My problem is that I don't remember how to knit such a complicated pattern, back and forth, on straights.  I'm going to have to research it.

No sleeves yet.  I just found the rest of the yarn in with other yarns.  Phew!  Trying to re-order that amount would be truly a Bear to do so it's good to have found it!

All three sweaters, one of which, top left, is finished except for sewing up.
This is sort of a kick in the rear post aimed at myself, so as to get jump started on sweater knitting. 

Dear Fellow Knitters who still read here,

Please feel free to boo and hiss if any more excuses are made.  I also hope that all that bobbling around on the cables will go away when I put this on the sweater blocker after it's finished.

4 comments:

  1. I admire and respect your ability to ignore your knitting. I really do! The fact that you come back after a few days is impressive. I am tempted to abandon it for a year or more.
    I personally am doomed. I want to have this shawl finished for my birthday, meaning I have to knit two rows a day. The last time I settled in, I knit a third of a row, decided to ask myself why I was off one stitch per section, realizing I had goofed up somewhere, ripping back a third of a row including knit-three-togethers and place-beads-in-knit-3-togethers and all the weird things I did to make the stitch count come out, and then start knitting the row again, including the other K3TOG. That took 45 minutes, at which point I put it down and walked away for a couple of days. So now it's three rows a day (at a half-hour per row) to get it done. I might move my birthday back a month, just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have abondoned my knitting - en toto - for at least a year. But, back to you... K3tog and with beads? k that is Ab-Mad knitting. This Manly Beastly pattern is the limit for me, and you have beads in your birthday project. Wow. Honestly, that's enough to make a person walk off to the pub.

      Also, your plan of action is perfect and just celebrate twice if you miss the due date. And a Happy Happy birthday to you, too!

      Delete
  2. I figured out today that the rows are 450 stitches, and they're approaching an hour at a crack. I'm putting the due date back to the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just a mind boggling amount of stitches. I salute you. And, Merry Christmas, to you.

    Gretchen, that I started with such high hopes will probably never be finished unless it's ripped it all the way back and started again with a better plan.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..