"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday 9, Good Books, Drawing Blah Blah, Saturday Komeekz




Saturday9:  The Link button for this is in the side bar with more memes.  Come join the fun! 


Saturday 9: Hey, Soul Sister (because John suggested Train). If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking?  


For any sort of Music, I'd stop.  Anything else, I would just kept walking very fast, running even. Who knows the plot?  Maybe the next thing is where the perp,on foot, starts tearing down the sidewalk and trips on a root, and there you are?  One broken collarbone later, in the ER, you get an autograph for your cast.  Hmmm? Maybe I wouldn't run.

2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night? I did dream, and most of the time I remember enough to get by, but not all the time. Senior Dreaming.

3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay?  We've been there several times.  If I could, I'd live closer to it; somewhere just below or just above it probably.  I love that part of the California, central coast and north all the way to Canada, to be honest.

4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song? "Stairway to Heaven", and "Black Dog". I hate "Black Dog" but I'll never forget it nor will I ever listen to it again.  We were having dinner at a little restaurant somewhere, and I put "Stairway to Heaven" on to play at the Jukebox, with it's flip side to follow, which I'd never once heard.  It was "Black Dog" What a mistake!

5) In doing research for this week's Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading. What's the last magazine you flipped through?  Something at my sister's house, to get directions for a wreath you make from an old book
HERE is a link to a page that has it, and it's a lot like the one below the pink one on top.  In fact, I like it better than that one.



6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?  
I'm definitely a different drummer sort of gal.  I'm not a follower.

7) Scholars tell us that "To be or not to be" is Shakespeare's most quoted line. Give us another one. 

I like this one the best: "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt  of in your Philosophy."

8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone? 

The car tweeters need replacing so I can't listen to anything at all inside it.  A tweeter has cut loose and rattles if the stereo is turned up above a whisper.

9) Are you a convincing liar?


No, I'm really not, so I just tell the truth when it seems like it must be done, or, do a lot of tongue biting, or pretend I didn't hear.  Usually that ends it.



Happy weekend Sam!  Thanks for hosting this fun meme!



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend.








Drawing in the Abstract:

"Seed Queen" - an Abstract

Someday I'll just have to use better Media! Bee gave me beautiful paper and colored pencils- so many colors!  I'll have to recopy this one because I actually like it a lot!

Breakfast, in bed, with reading......

This came with a cuppa

I've been reading a lot.  I'm trying to catch up on some historical novels about China and Japan that have fallen into my hands.  If you ever get a chance to read the oldest novel ever written (though not published earliest), give The Red Chamber a spin.  I'm going to read it once more, but I'm buying it as a kindle version.  It's so long! 

And now, the Komeekz!  I got a big kick out of this Pickles!




DH has bragging rights.  He can cook just about anything, and he's also lots better at the BBQing.

Have a great Weekend, m'friends!  Stay cool if you are in the Southwest.  It's going to be a scorcher!


8 comments:

  1. Love your answer to #6! And I'm really enjoying the Shakespeare quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gal! If it had been about being an Odd Ball, that would have fit, too. lol.

      I'm enjoying the Quotes, too. It was a great question. :o)

      Delete
  2. I guess pretending you didn't hear is one of the benefits of older ears. Love your Shakespeare quote. I need to read more of the ol' guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a benefit of old Ears. lol. DH uses it all the time - for me!

      Once I read that amazing bit from "Hamlet", I was hooked. You grow up knowing the, "O Romeo! Romeo! Where for art thou, Romeo", one - Ad nauseam. lol

      Delete
  3. I should really visit the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I can't recommend Los Angeles for much except the museums, but the Sea Coast above and below it are pretty fabulous. I'll show you San Diego's hot spots.

      Delete
  4. I checked out that wreath, pretty cool! Did you notice the light fixture in the background made out of pages too? I hope you make it. Show us if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, I promise to show you if I do. There is one for Christmas with lovely red balls in the center, too. Now I'll go look at that light fixture. Christmas is coming so soon it's not funny!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..