"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, September 1, 2014

Something Beautiful on Monday, Tort, Knitting,and Organizing Reports.

Talk about gorgeous stuff!   The last time I saw this sort of carving was at Cabrillo College at the Saturday Farmer's Market.

From  HERE which I just found!
This carved melon is just one of the many Objet d'Art that are at this gorgeous site!
I found color pens yesterday, a whole box of them.  Some are actually still good- So Shocking to find that they are!  Usually they die within weeks of being purchased!

Elle, I will start making some sort of art with them. There is so little I can sketch quickly that's just laying around; perhaps I'll sketch clothes pins or something -Bottles of Bleach, Dish Detergent?  Maybe your Dad?  Anyway,  I've been so indoctrinated into realism that it's terribly hard for me to do the beautiful things that come out of your imagination, though I have in the past done semi-abstract oils.  In another life, that is.

*Sighs and looks into the distance.*  I regret nothing; I just see the income stream flowing away from me. hehehe

Organizing report:  Today I mean to get down some storage bins, each stuffed with snippets of sorted-by-color fabrics for quilt making.  I cannot fit more things into that room but still want to put away and organize the waxworks - a costco flat box of the stuff I make wax hearts and fire starters with. Getting that little eyesore stowed away - but plainly labeled - will give my self esteem a big boost! 

Knitting Report:  I got out the sweaters and shook out the moths.  Just kidding!  There are none.  Happily this is true - so far.  The Manly Sweater is through up to the shoulder shaping on two needles, which I fear.  I don't know what to do if the twists for the multitudinous blasted CABLES fall the the wrong side.  I'm suffering agonies over trying to insure that THAT can of worms does not pop open on me.  The little pink silk sweater for Elle should give me no problems.  I know, I'm asking for trouble just saying this!

Tort report:  Speaking of Watermelon:  The babies, Milagro and Dusty,  were introduced to watermelon, and do they love it.  Their parents, Poko Ono and Churchy, and their big brother, Lucky, all chase us down in hopes of having more, more, more! 

The big torts have had some rinds nearly every summer since we've had them around.   We got another melon the other day, and they will, indeed, get more before summer is through.  This time I'll get pictures of chowtime with the Torts.  Otherwise all of them subsist on grasses, dried grasses, and elm leaves from "The Tree That Will Not Die", a root of an Elm we once enjoyed the shade of.  We've kept said root around just for the torts, a healthy big sprout near the fence that bursts forth every spring with long, willowy stems filled with leaf buds. 

Elm leaves are better than lettuce to the torts.  We do, however, keep all tortoises out of range of the tomato plants which have a habit of languidly reaching down over the giant tub and tempting passing herbivores.  Well, our herbivores cannot eat them without going toe up.  So, tomato plants are a no no, tomatoes they CAN eat.  In fact, sometimes the adults mistake my painted nails for tomatoes.

All you readers out there who have read this far, thank you!  I hope that you have a calm, reflective, and restorative week of evenings, days,  and "walking with beauty all around you"  moments.  May your happiest memories flood into your mind and give you Peace.    Blessings!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the information! I know more about tortoises than I ever thought I would. Being engaged with the world is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is, k. As an artist, you are engaged with the world. Your eyes are in tune, so to speak, with all the beauty around you. Never change.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..