"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Our Family Tree is HUGE.

 Me?  I'm grateful to have such a big family!  I'm also so thankful for animators and this project is why.  It's a human cell.

Now, whether anyone wants to believe it or not,  we all really do need to know that the whole human race is one very big family.  The DNA says so, especially the internal mtDNA of the Mitochondrial body.  It makes us all one big family from about 70,000 years ago.  We descend from one mother, probably somewhere in Ethiopia.

This is an animation of a cell.  I love this YouTube!  To me it weds music and science in a beautiful dance.  So listen, Sigh a bit, and then dance along! 

I posted this some time ago, several years ago, but it may be time to do it again.  This is a tribute to our First Mother of so long ago..... 



The Body in Question:

Picture Source
Enjoy being in a great big family.  You have brothers and sisters all over the world!

2 comments:

  1. I love when science and religion coincide with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there is the little glitch that another human species inhabiting Europe for approximately 300 thousand years, evolving but running out of options. I'm sure they met and exchanged genes. But I'm glad that you love that science and religion do sometimes confirm each other, because I love that they sometimes do, too. :o) I hope that Archeology continues to find more about how humans moved around the globe, and the genome is definitely going to be helpful in any case involving humans. We have lost so much of this information that it's sad.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..