"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 31, 2014

Five Minute Friday: this week the word is "leave". Also, How to tie a bandanna, like a pirate, or a biker.

Welcome to the Friday Five Writing Group's Raw Writing Challenge.  The challenge word is, "leave".

How it works:

We write, flat out and with no pauses for spelling or punctuation.  It's Raw stream of consciousness writing, like Jack Kerouac did it.  And this week without fail, I'll read as many as the posts that everyone has done for this MeMe.  It is both a rule and a pleasure that you agree to read someone close by you on the Linkie.

If you'd like to join in, click in the MeMe section of the side bar for Friday Five Minutes.  The button will take you there.

Leave

The word, Leave, has a sad aspect to it, maybe it's in a minor key?  It sounds like an order, or command.  It can mean, "Get Lost".  My experience with "leave" is very shallow.  Usually I am arriving at a new place in life almost daily and all I want to do is leave for somewhere else, and quickly.  People who have had to leave behind everything they couldn't carry on their backs or in their hands have so many stories to tell when people have the time to listen.  I remember hearing that this was the way that my great,great, grandparents came from Ireland and Scotland, by turns, during the Great Famine, and the Upland Clearings.   They were told to Leave, or die, in one case, being put onto boats and sent into the North Sea to either perish or to make it to Ireland, since the Highland Clearings came first.

Leave is the antithesis of Arrive.  I remember a comforting story about a sailboat that was leaving, taking away a person to another shore.  The friends left behind were saying Goodbye and crying, likely knowing they would never see their friends again.  Yet, on the other far shore, there would be people waiting, and upon seeing the boat on the horizon, would shout, "There they are!  They are coming to live here with us now forever!"

Many will recognize this story as a passage of life story.  The Sadness and the Happiness both come about from the Leaving and the Arriving.

end.

Oh, Wishing you a safe and Happy Halloween!

These are Mr. Z's new bandanas!
He's going to look very pirate-like tomorrow!

I want to make him one of those head rags like bikers wear.  Won't that be RAD!?


or maybe this:



Don't you love the Music?  I sure do....  You can actually spend a whole day watching people, male and female, putting these things on their head.  Ah... America!  And then there are things called, Buffs.  They better be cheap!

2 comments:

  1. I love your flower arrangements at the top of the blog! I enjoyed reading your post. I also have ancestors from Ireland and Scotland, although I don't know when they came to America. It's true that "the sadness and the happiness both come about from the leaving and the arriving."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that story. I have heard it before, but it is always good to be reminded that although leaving is sad, the arrival is a joyous occasion!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..