"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Saturday9 and Saturday Komeekz

Saturday Nine
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Welcome to My Nightmare (1975)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Tell us about a bad dream you've had.

Many years ago, I dreamt that DH and I were in a land that was on fire in many places, and you couldn't move around very well because it was also very muddy and dark except for the fire light. There were a lot of people in the dream, not really refugees and not unfriendly. We were all sort of in the same situation and trying to solve it and save other people and animals. The sky was a burning red color and the closer that we got to the houses on the edge of a cliff the worse everything got. We all did work together which was the ONLY truly good thing about the dream.

2) Sam is not crazy about spiders. What frightens you, or gives you "the creeps?"
Well, it's not spiders because I like them.  Sorry Sam!  I do understand.  
I am allergic to their little fangs though.  hmmm... I think that people creep me out, but not all of them, just the ones who enjoy hurting others, human or other earthlings.  That's creepy to me.

3) This week's featured artist, Alice Cooper, has always liked to dress up. Performing as Alice, he wears garish eye makeup. In his first group, he and his bandmates dressed as the Beatles. Will you be wearing a costume this weekend?

No, but I was going to dress up DH as a biker.  He can't be here so it "ain't going to happen". 

4) Alice says his makeup was inspired by Bette Davis in his favorite horror movie, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? This Halloween weekend, will you seek out horror movies and scary TV shows, or will you avoid them?

We are probably will watch "Adam's Family Values".  I love that crazy Raul Julia.  Sad that he's now gone.  Funny Guy!  I loved him in "Moon Over Parador".

5) Born Vincent Furnier, Alice used to tell reporters that he and his band got the name Alice Cooper from a Oujia board. Have you ever tried a Oujia board?
Yes, I once had a cute and crazy neighbor who was game for anything, (she is still one of my BFF people).  We would use the board to "divine" different things.  It was loads of fun but don't go taking it seriously.  hehe

6) Alice and his band (also called Alice Cooper) were discovered by music manager Shep Gordon while playing in Venice, California. Have you ever visited Venice, California or Venice, Italy?

Venice, California used to be one of my MAJOR hangouts since I was a student nearby,  and my Roomie at Uni was from there.  I've always wanted to see Venice Italy but it just isn't going to happen.  lol

7) In 1970s England, a morality campaigner named Mary Whitehouse persuaded the BBC to ban Alice Cooper. The ensuing publicity resulted in such a bump in record sales that Alice sent Ms. Whitehouse flowers. Do you believe in censorship? Or should adults be able to choose to see/hear whatever they wish?

Key word is adult.  I do NOT believe in censorship because if you start naming things that adult persons may not see if they want to, that's a slippery slope down which many a nation has slipped-   Nazy Germany comes to mind.  I believe that the major market takes care of things that are just too, too much.  I think it's a good thing to remember the bumper sticker that said, "Everyone is Someone Else's Weirdo".

8) Today Alice has a popular syndicated radio show, Nights with Alice Cooper. Listeners all over the United States, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, and the UK hear him introduced as, "a man for whom even Dr. Phil has no cure." Do you watch Dr. Phil?

I tried to watch him during the time I tried to watch Oprah, both of whom I liked a lot.  Oprah and Dr. Phil are fun and instructive to watch. Alas, I just couldn't stand the commercials; they just drove me crazy.  

9) Did you get many trick or treaters this year? What candy did you give them?
We never get many now- the neighbors and I were just talking about this yesterday.  Our candy this year was Organic Pops with some Hershey's Kisses for a side.  




Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Saturday Komeekz, The Joy of Tech, c/o Mr. Z.

I'm so glad that Windows isn't a person....
Have a great Weekend!  It's going to rain here!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still in touch with your Ouija Board buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gal, and thanks for this fun meme every week. :o) She's like a little sister, the age of my own sister. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's true, people can be really creepy, especially like what had just happened in new york. stuff like that really makes me sad. :(

    we hardly get trick-or-treaters either...i think people just take their kids to the mall now and kids go store to store. safer maybe? i don't know the reasons. maybe we just live in the wrong neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that I have ever had a dream that entailed fire now that you have me thinking about it

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..