"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thankful Thursday, medical care for all! And other stuff

Getting signed on to the new healthcare has been a big, long process to go through, but our personal story, the biggest one, is that now all our daughters have coverage!

And so do many of the younger people, especially children, as they are now covered for preventative care who were not.  Thank you God that the United States has now joined the rest of the world, or nearly all of it, in providing this benefit for people who were born with strange ailments that a modern industrial world is capable of creating in the gene pool!   I'm so glad for families that now are covered!

I saw my doctor today for the yearly check up, and got a new pneumonia shot that includes some strains that weren't in the old one.  So, if you had a shot when you were 65, you might want to ask about it, if you are of that age, or more.  It's rather costly, but having had pneumonia once, I thought it ill advised to pass on this protection.

I'm very thankful that I have such a wonderful doctor.  I hope that you all do, too.

Let's see, when I arrived back home there was this:

Heavens!  It was a hardcover, too!
Color me tickled Pink.


I love it when I can get a bargain in a hard cover. This is one of the best Succulent books around.
And, I am so happy to have found it used. I'm going to go crazy this winter planting stuffffff....

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful book. Will be nice lying on the coffee table all the time to pick up and look at whenever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very lovely book, Paula. With this book, and two others, I'm going to build the bones of the make-over for the garden. I've set myself this task so that there is project to look forward to when I open my peepers! We have some wonderful succulent plant nurseries around here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like an exciting project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is, Diana, very exciting. I have a lot of succulents collected from friends and family, and Mother taught me how to start them all, and even grow the barrel cacti from seed. This will be so much fun! I can use your pages as well, for inspiration. You have lovely ones! I guess a lot of ours come from South Africa, to be honest. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..