"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Traveling Sunday Stealing Show...



October 18, 2014
Let's Talk Travel Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Let's go!!!

From F Yeah, Surveys

Let's Talk Travel Meme 

Ok let’s talk travel, do you like to travel? 
I love to travel and hope to do more of it in the days to come.

Where have you been? 
I've been down to Mexico and as far East, as an adult, as Four Corners.  I've also been up to the Oregon border.  As a child I went all the way to the Eastern part of Ohio, and as far north as a lake property in Michigan that my Grandpa owned.

Next place you want to go? 
I would like to see all the Western States and some of the Eastern ones, too.

What is something you MUST take with you when you travel? 
My medicines.  They are a MUST!

How do you like to travel? (mode of transportation)
I like to go slowly by way of car or even an RV.

With someone, or alone? 
I've traveled alone to Central Coast, rented a car and stayed with my kids up there when DH had to go to school Back East.  It was fun.  Now, mostly I like to travel with DH and the Pup.

Do you dance in your car when there are other people with you? 
I have never had a car I could dance in.  I do dance in the kitchen and outside.

If you're quiet what does it mean? 
I'm thinking.  Or sometimes it's I'd rather not say something that I'm thinking.  And sometimes I would say what I'm thinking if I opened my mouth so for harmony, I keep it shut.  DH and I don't do this but it happens a lot with other people.

Favorite scent?  
I love the smell of alfalfa hay, and horses.  But Pine trees outdoors when a storm is coming, I like best.  I also like Tabu. It's made from the oldest fragrance in the world.

Favorite store? 
Good Lord, I think I love Costco the best.  Then Macy's.

Say you wanted coffee.. what kind is your favorite?  
Are we talking flavors?  If so, then Starbucks used to make it.  A Venezian Hazelnut Mocha Latte or something like that.

Favorite kind of pizza? 
I like pizza with cheese and canadian bacon, bell peppers and pineapple.

Do you get embarrassed easily? 
If I commit a heinous mistake, yes.  But then, that's a good reason to be embarrassed, eh?

Do you mind people asking you personal questions? 
They don't seem to mind it.  I guess this face says something like, "You can ask me any dumb, larky question you like and I won't be offended."?

You have a tank of gas, $50, and the day off… what do you do? 
Me?  I would wonder where I could go that would only cost five bucks because the rest would go in the gas tank tomorrow.

Favorite tv show? 
This changed daily.  Right now I'm liking "Bones" a lot, and some strange blond who is refurbishing houses and is a lousy painter.  She just ripped out an amazingly cute bathroom that she said a clown installed.  I wanted to grab the trowel out of her hands!

Song you turn the volume up all the way to listen to? 
It's one of IZ's song, "Kamalani".  I play all his music loud and sing along in the car if the dog is still at home. I love the Hawaiian language and his beautiful voice.


Sing along with him.  It's lovely.

Something you keep in your car?   Tiny packs of Kleenex, yes I am boring.  Also, a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun under the passenger seat to take care of not quite dead Zombies.  Maybe there is  Food and water to live off of if we should be caught away from our preservation stash?  Flares to warn off the Wolves that will come down the highway the moment the electricity flow stops to the cities?  Yes, all that. and more.

How many SUVs did you say you bought again, LeRoy?

 Highlight of your day?  Waking up in the morning and finding out it was all just a BAD dream!

 Something you do everyday that you wish you didn’t have to do? 
I really wish I didn't have to eat.  I wish I was electric and could plug into a solar panel.

 Do you mind if people just show up at your house unannounced?   If I know them, no.  If I don't know them I really don't like that.

What do you do when you disagree with someone? 
I shut up.  I see no point in arguing about opinions anymore.  It changed nothing in the last 70 years and life is now REAAAALLLY too short for headbutting.  I still might try to take a swing at certain Politicians whose greed and Hubris marked them for public hanging in any civilized country.

Do you enjoy rain? 
I'm a Southern Californian, of course I enjoy rain.  I LOVE rain.  I would do a rain dance, drums and all, 7/24 if the neighbors wouldn't call the cops.

Who’s your favorite person in the whole world… besides me?
Is this a trick question?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you carry a lot of stuff in your car! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do! Oh, I forgot the shotgun shells in the glove box. hehe ;-)

      Delete
  2. My mother loved Tabu! The smell of it reminds me of her every time. I got a chuckle at what you carry in your car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you were reminded of your mamma and her favorite scent. And, yes I do carry a lot in the 4X, but did leave out the inflatable kayak in the wheel well. It's teeny. ;-)

      Delete
  3. One of my sisters wore Tabu, your answer was such a strong memory for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that it joggled your memory. There is a scent called "Unforgettable" but, really, Tabu is the one that I'll never forget. My Auntie T wore it, too.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on that rain dance. I'm up near Sacramento and we are sorely lacking for rain, though we did have one night of rain last week. Not nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi basykes, you are really, really in dire need, and your part of the state grows half of just about any crop that the whole nation eats! I'm hoping we get more rain for our farmers and for yours. And, to be honest, snow and rain for the high country.

      Delete
  5. Your bad dream answer reminds me of Bobby Ewing on Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Such a convergence! That was in the crossword last week, his name, or the name of his family. My sister, the family member who is notably "The One of Deep Knowledge of Anything on a Screen, Big or Little", knew the answer. And happily I knew who you were talking about. Is he the one that caused bad dreams or just had them, I wonder?

      Delete
  6. I remember Tabu from way back. I can kind of remember commercials for it - exotic woman and possibly a large cat? Now I have to go to youtube and see if I can find it. I also like to travel by car and would love to go by RV for a summer touring the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could have a join up with the nomadic RVers ( known as Full timers ) somewhere in the middle of the plains states. Would that be fun or what? :-) They know all the good free places. We stayed at one of their spots coming back from the blue agate trip.

      Zippo from the tablet

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..