"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday trying to catch up..Accidental Art, about 25 in the series; Wolfie Report; Knitting report, and Shrooms!

It was wonderful to visit with the DDs for the second time in a year.  That part is always the best part of going north.  But I get very behind in the blogging!

Knitting report:
Yes, that's my knitting buddy on the right, curled up and sleeping.

I've finished the Noro Sweater, and Gee tried it on.  I brought it home again to block it on the sweater blocker as the final step.  Wish me luck on this as it's a cardi!   I've only seen pullovers on this blocker.  The sweater is very beautiful, on, though we need to find a suitable pair of buttons for it.  Maybe I'll make some by drilling some shells or hardwood.  Also, I might decide to block the sweater out on the pads but "Oh, Doctor", what a job that would be.

Wolfie report:
Wolfie had a grand old time digging holes and trying to eat whatever he smelled through the sand before Mr. Z. pulled his head back up out of that hole!  Wolfie is completely undeterred by the sand in his eyes or on his tongue - he is so thoroughly engrossed in his "sport".  He has just finished digging three little holes and being jerked up from them.  You can see the trail of "industry" along his right side.  Mr. Z., ever diligent, usually keeps him running along the beach until Wolfie comes to a dead stop and starts to dig.  The battle then ensures!

In the distance, there was a huge raft of
California Pelicans feeding.


Yum!  Crableg Scented Sand!

Wolfie's dancing little feet, my shoe marks and Mr. Z.s
I had to bend around to take this snap before a wave came and ate the prints!
Shrooms!
Only part of the Crowd
Major Excitement was caused by these Mushrooms, popping up right behind our spot at New Brighton.  Jimmie IDd them, using her dad's smart aleck phone, and declared them inedible for the most part although they did have psychedelic properties, at least in the Eastern States varieties.  We did not collect them, only took photos, but it was all very exciting!  One of them was huge, I mean it was 8 inches across, probably the Mamma, but someone had tried to pick it and broke it before we got to make snaps.  What were they thinking?


DH said, "Did you get down on your belly to take that?"
Yes, almost!
It was great!

And the final pictures are....



part of my obsessive interest in taking photos of cracked cement and what it collects from seeds that sprout to tiny pebbles.  This, to my eye, is one of the happiest forms of Accidental Art.

Sorry about all the changes I make after Publishing.  I'm just wired wrong...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..