"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Adore

This is the LINK to Kate's blog, who hosts the Five Minute Friday meme, which you will find under her HOME button each week.

So. if you want to come and write about the word this week, which is adore, then go on over and find out the two short "rules of engagement", so to speak.  The button in the sidebar also links back to her blog.

Adore...

Adore is one step above the word Love in intensity, as I see it.  It's meaning to me is sort of an "I only have eyes for you" sort of level of intensity.   I'm not sure I use it for other things, like inanimate objects but it's how I feel about my children, Hubby,  and many other people, as well as for puppies, kittens and baby rabbits and every other baby thing on the planet, well maybe not mosquito larvae.

Adore is something we do for our perception of the Deity, as well.  I adore the Heavenly Father, The Holy Spirit of Wisdom, aslo called the Comforter, as well as Jesus, Mary, all the Saints and Angels, and anyone who has those qualities.  Adore is some serious loving!

I just have a minute left and so I want to say that I adore the Earth, and the way it is put together.  It is one of the most beautiful sights when we -meaning all of mankind in the form of very special emissaries, I just had to correct that misguiding thought there - went out into space and were able to see the earth, our HOME planet from that vantage point.  I felt all this adoration surging up into my entire body when I saw that photograph.   And it goes without saying that I adore rain, and plants.  This is a lot to adore!

Done...

6 comments:

  1. Hello fellow crafter! I'm stopping by via the Five Minute Friday group. It's great to see someone else who has the progress bars going. (I'm a cross stitcher, myself).

    We don't share a faith, but we do share the adoration of the Earth, and how amazing it is in its complexity. :) I wish you the Merriest of Christmases, and good health and happiness to you and your family for 2015.

    Blessings,
    Mel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Mel, a fellow crafter! Yay! I am Lella at Ravelry.

      Isn't Earth a lovely and inspiring place for people with an artistic bent? I'm loving it more the older I get. I don't really want to leave! heehee

      Thank you for all the good wishes for health and happiness, and the blessings. I send them your way as well! May you have a Wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Hi There! First time to visit your blog from FMF. I haven't written yet today, just checking some blogs out and what people have written! I really like yours, how you listed all the things that you adore. You went into space?? That's incredible! That sounds like an awesome story! Thanks for sharing your FMF!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I never got to go into space- that would have been fun- but other people sometimes think I'm FROM outer space> heehee Isn't Earth gorgeous and amazing? I wouldn't want to be on any other planet! There is so much to adore here.

      Delete
  3. Just stoping by!!! Thank you for your post!! Have a happy Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am awestruck by the earth but mostly when I am seeing it underwater. The magificence of His creation is certainly worthy of adoration.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..