"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Prepare

Prepare is a difficult word.  Prepare what, and for what?  Christians down through the ages have been preparing for the end of times.  I read three different bibles now and get three different and conflicting, to my wordsmith's mind, passages.  I am going to read a scholar's bible that I got at a swapmeet from two very sweet older people, for a dollar fifty.  It's my only defense about what I read in an Amish translation and on and on.

Prepare yourselves to be confused if you read too many different bibles, and I can't reconcile the versions not being a biblical scholar.  Have the Dead Sea Scrolls ever been completely deciphered?   Are we prepared for what that will bring, whenever they are all complete and released?  It will be another problem for the non scholar, believe me.  

So, I prepare myself for the day by remembering what Isaiah talked about, and John the Baptist, and Jesus.  The rest of the bible is beautiful.  But who was Jesus talking about when he said," Your Father was Satan, and he always was a liar."  Who was He talking to.  Prepare to be confused because there is a LOT that can't be reconciled.  Just Sayin"  And that's all I have to say about Prepare.  I'm prepared to go upstairs and take the little kids with me.  I'll read them bedtime stories about the best of people, doing their best to be kind.  That's enough to prepare them for sleep and Sweet Dreams.  

finished.

2 comments:

  1. I find myself having the same thoughts when reading the Bible..how do we make sense of it all? I just don't know

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a quandary. I still believe in Miracles. I still believe that Christ was who he said he was. I guess that was enough for the disciples, and it will be good enough for me, too. The rest... I reckon that I just don't have to think about it.

    It is enough to me to think that a notable and extremely powerful God-like Being, one who told his disciples that they themselves were Gods, walked the Earth a long time ago, and no one has ever truly figured out what he meant by that remark. But, yet, there it is. it does mean something.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..