"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday9, Saturday Komeekz

Saturday 9er's......



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!
Who is that adorable little Girl????  Is it Sam?! It is!

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

When I was little, we only wrote letters because the war was still going.  I can remember going to downtown Los Angeles and looking at all the windows that were decorated for kids with things that moved.  I remember going to shop for Christmas presents with my Auntie D back in Ohio when I was four.  I didn't understand that what I was buying was a secret present for my mother.  I started to tell her ALL about it when we got back home to the farm.  They all just laughed, and said it was alright.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
I'm probably on the naughty list because of all my inner turmoil.  (see related cartoon, so appropo!) I need to read more of my Peace book and ignore the destroyers of the earth for at least a little while. Being full of angst and hatred is not the best thing to do to stay off the Naughty List! Lol!

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
Not anymore.  We just send something for Amazon or another smaller local store, like Logos.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? 
Nah.  I'm so overwhelmed with all the stuff I've got to get rid of already!  Birthday, though, I did get an early one in the form of a tablet, so I could give the handed down and very nice kindle to my sister.  She can't hold anything very heavy and the kindle paperwhite was perfect for her.  Thank you B!

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
I like a lot of them but I really love Al Molina and he is in this one, so I like it best over all:  "Nothing Like the Holidays".

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
No.  I've been so lucky to have at least one parent who loved to make Christmas special, and so there was always something good to do, without going to Hollywood for it. hehe And, then, as young marrieds we had family to visit so it was very nice.  Then we just made the best time of it for the kids that we could.  Very fun.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? 
I have never been to a company Christmas party.  I think you have to be in management to go to those. Right?  Their lips are sealed!

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Hot Earl Grey tea! And, sometimes, if it is really good, hot chocolate.  I like it the way that the French make it.

9. What will you remember most about 2014?
Getting to see my daughter G's Graduation from Berkeley with highest honors.  Stellar, that was!   And, later in the year, getting to celebrate with all the kids this last November for all their birthdays.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!




Saturday Komeekz


The NSA is definitely on the Naughty list now!

They are on My Naughty List but that's for another post someday!

13 comments:

  1. Earl Grey tea! My friend John loves that! Earl Grey and a nice mug would make a good holiday gift for him. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The French method looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also probably the most delicious warm liquid chocolate you'll have ever tasted. Mon Dieu! It's good!

      Delete
  3. Graduating from Berkley is an impressive honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew she had it in her. She made it happen through serious illness and poverty, too. Everyone who knows her is proud of her.

      Delete
    2. And thank you for your comment! I will pass it on to her. She's here for Christmas.

      Delete
  4. I disagree, you should be on the nice list for eternity in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very sweet thing to say..... However, I can be naughty but it's only Asha. hehehe She's a little selfish with her sisters. ;o)

      Delete
  5. The world is in so much turmoil it is difficult to move past it if you have any empathy at all. But I agree, we need to set it aside for a while, or it takes over your brain and heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you say is true, CountryDew. We do carry it with us, and it's just too heavy not to break us. Every day there is something new developing, too, in cases that are heart wrenching. Americans don't want to seem Ugly still. We are a hard working. loving, and compassionate people in a huge majority. The so called "Powers that be" are an aberration and an obscenity. Oooops, there's that Naughty Mouth again!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to your daughter! what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..