"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Stealing: Have I ever been a, what, bag lady?

December 13, 2014
Have You Ever?
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

The Have You Ever Meme 

Edited to note:  All photos are links.  They take you to some amazing photos..

Stolen from: From My Random Randomness 

1) Have you ever gotten lost in a maze? 
Yes.  It was a Halloween Maze, and the clue to getting out was to always turn left.  I got out after someone came by and told me that clue.

2) Have you ever been attacked by a wild animal? 
Yes, she came up behind me and bumped me.  She was a huge female cinnamon colored Black bear with two cubs, in Sequoia.  She wanted the oatmeal pan I was washing out.  I gave it to her and backed very slowly away.  I'm lucky that she was not a Grizzly.

3) Have you ever ridden a camel? 
No but I sure would have liked to.  I had a much more adventurous life planned when in my teens.

4) Have you ever pet a rat? 
We've had a lot of pet rats over the years.  One of them graced us with 15 babies one year, and we played with all of them.  The sweetest thing was when they were all outside playing in Mother's dichondra, and I made a shade with my body, and they all ran underneath me.

5) Have you ever been a member of a gym? 
Yes, and I still am.

6) Have you ever been in a helicopter? 
No, unhappily.  But I have been in a bi-plane, which is sort of neater than that.

7) Have you ever cheated at a test? 
No.  It's just not a thing I ever thought of doing.  I couldn't let my teachers down, you know?

8) Have you ever ridden a tractor? 
I've ridden on a tractor many a time, Back in the Day- hehe there's that phrase!- and, when I was as small as this little Lass, I got rides home on the Ohio neighbor's beautiful Palamino Belgian Plow Horse named Pal, of course

9) Have you ever passed wind/gas in an embarrassing situation? 
Yes.  Nuf said!

10) Have you ever played the bongos? 
No but Gee does that.  She can play that tall drum from Africa, too.  Wish she'd teach me.

11) Have you ever handled a snake? 
Yes, I've had many snake pets, but not the biggies.  They scare the living bejeebers out of me.

12) Have you ever assembled furniture by yourself? 
Yes,
I've taken it apart and re-assembled things to refinish- chairs, etc.  Big stuff required the Heavy Lifting Fellow, however.

13) Have you ever been scuba diving? 
No, I never got to do that.  It makes me sad but my ears are just too too bad.

14) Have you ever had a disastrous interview? 
No, probably because I was a taker of jobs that weren't that hard to get, i.e. they would practically take anyone who could walk and chew gum at the same time.

15) Have you ever sold your services? 
Yes.  I was just looking at some of my business cards and remember that I did jewelry repair. So, yes. I have sold my services!  lol

16) Have you ever raised money for charity? 
I've worked at fund raising for a few bird related groups and eco groups but not for any charities that I can remember.  Oh!  The Red Cross, before it went all pear shaped for awhile.

17) Have you ever won a giant sized cuddly toy from a fair? 
No.  I can't remember even getting a tiny anything.

18) Have you ever milked a cow? 
I was learning to milk a cow but was only five the last time I saw my grandmother's little brown ones, Jerseys or maybe Guernseys.  Can't remember.  Anyway, they were small then.  Now they've had just about everything but their big brown eyes bred out of them.  Sad, really.

19) Have you ever used the phrase "back in my time" to someone younger than you? 
No, mostly the phrase I've used is, "Back in the day" at the ends of sentences.

20) Have you ever invented a fairly unique meal or drink?
Fairly unique?  That would have to be Tuna Tetrazzini.  Back in the day.... But don't laugh as it was darn good!

Have a great week.  Blessing to you all!
A Promise:  I'll come read your blogs asap!

4 comments:

  1. Snakes really freak me out--I don't think I'm afraid of them, necessarily but.. jeepers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They freak a lot of folks out, Kwizgiver, so you are in good company. I do, really do, like them if they aren't dangerous. I always catch them if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what I would do if a bear came up behind me. I am glad we have no bears where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad, too. IF it ever should happen, don't move, don't panic, they usually want something if they come that close, and are acclimated to humans. Just put down any food you are carrying, back away slowly. I was so focused on getting my kids inside and safe that I knew I could not panic! They were only about thirty feet away, so I sang to them, "Girls,Get inside the cabin and lock the door, my Darlings..." Then I just gave her what she wanted, the oatmeal pan.

    Later in the week, we saw what happened to a backpacker who tried to save his loaded backpacks-his and his son's- from the same sow. He started spraying her with ammonia and just pissed her off royally. He nearly got trapped inside his cabin with her but managed to run away but was so scared that he hit a trail fence at top speed and flipped all the over it. The bear got what it wanted, the food in the back packs.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..