"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, December 26, 2014

Snowballs and Girls Scout cookies, oh my! Saturday 9



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Marshmallow World (1963)


 Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1. This song likens fluffy clouds to marshmallows. What does the sky look like where you are today?
Today was a clear day, after the morning overcast wore off.  Tonight, it's 46°F  Brrrr!

2. The lyrics refer to snowballs. Have you ever been in a snowball fight?
When I was little, in Ohio, I and my equally tiny cousin would have snowball fights with our older aunts, and younger second cousins. 



3. Chionophobia is fear of snow. What phobias do you have?
Anymore, I'm afraid to stand on the edges of cliffs , especially since I've seen the undercutting that happens along the cliffs here along the bluffs at the beaches.  

4. In 2004, Canadian school children raised money for charity by setting a new world record: the most snow angels made in 24-hour period. Have you ever participated in a fundraising stunt?
No.  Never got the chance. But Selling Girl Scout cookies as a Brownie was dead easy, so I bet it doesn't even Count!


5. When marshmallows were first introduced, they were used for medicinal purposes. Specifically to soothe sore throats. What do you take when your throat is bothering you?


Marshmallows roots were once made into a drink for sore throats from an herb plant called Marshmallow plant, a form of Mallow.  All the Torts find these soothing spring plants very tasty.  When my throat bothers me, I drink lemon ginger tea, and suck down a couple of Koldeze.   Not as tasty as a few marshmallows, but very effective.

6.  Marshmallows are an important ingredient in the Rice Krispies Treat recipe. If you were asked to prepare something for a bake sale, what would you make?
I'd just make a cake or pie.  I found several recipes for a flourless chocolate cake like Whole Foods sells, and I'm on the hunt now for the perfect one.  This one looks is pretty darn good:



Whole foods is taller but this looks like the one for me!



7. Darlene played Danny Glover's wife in the Lethal Weapon movies. Do you enjoy action movies?
I like some of them.

8. Darlene's father advised her to always, "shoot for the stars." Share some good advice you've received.  Work hard at Listening, and to "Pay Attention!!"  

9. Will you be returning/have you returned any holiday gifts?
No.  I will be going to get a test tomorrow and then, hopefully, will get to go shopping for a new purse.  I want one like this one:


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. that is good advice! hope your test goes all right! have a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lia, and I am going to be taking it, too! The Advice that is.....
    And thank you, my test went well, as I didn't freak out and try to exit before it was done. But it was so NOISY! It was a MRI of my head. The audiologist suspected that my ears are in back wards.. just kidding!

    Happy New Year to you! May it be Merry and Bright, like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the test went well. Also the cliff thing - yes!! me too.

    I've made a few flourless chocolate cakes. Dead-easy and super-delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Smellyann! The test went well, not to wait three weeks for a result or some dumb thing. By then I'll be on a different insurance plan! I have a feeling you know all about this insurance junk. :-(

    About the choco flourless cake. Do you have a favorite one? I've garnered five recipes, all different, slightly. Confusion reigns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know ALL about the insurance woes, yes I do. Ugh.

    And I must be clairvoyant, b/c I also knew you were going to ask for the recipe. Thing is, I found it in Parade magazine several months ago, clipped it and taped it up to my cupboard, and my youngest child ripped it down. Maybe I'll go hunt for it online. If I do, you know I'll have to make it again, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you !! I want to make one because the christmas cookies made me so sick! One little day, too!?! Very rude, don't you think? hehe Thanks for the link, and yes, I figured you know ALL about insurance junk. Ugg! Big Hugs!

      Delete
  6. http://communitytable.com/31608/ingridmichaelson/flourless-chocolate-cake-2/

    That MAY be it, but it says 2011, and I could've sworn it was a newer issue? But the other one I found from 15 mos ago, with hazelnut, doesn't sound right. Hmmm. I'll go with the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So will I, go with the you sent. And thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can eat cake again!

      Delete
  7. looks like a nice purse! ;) Hope you find it on sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. I didn't buy that one but got a similar Hobo at a discount store. I'm not buying leather purses anymore because of the weight so I'm happy with what I got. But, that is a very nice purse.. dang.. it's leather.

      Delete
  8. A flourless cake sounds interesting, I like to try one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, these cakes are fabulous, and the one from Whole Foods was delicious, but pricey. I didn't shell out for it the kids bought it for me. It's YUMMY and twice as tall as the one in in the About.com recipe but, hey, you can just eat bigger pieces.. hehe

      Delete
  9. Love the color of that bag! Hope you find one just like it. I mentioned selling Girl Scout cookies, too. Great minds ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I saw that you did mention selling GS cookies. Indeed.. Great Minds.. hehe. I loved that bag but thought it might weigh a ton. On shoulders that creak it would be not so smart. So, I got a sort of cordovan colored semi-monster Hobo at the local Marshall's. I'll put up a picture soon. It looks more like Hobo art to me, very non chic. lol

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..