"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love is a sharp Dresser... Saturday 9

I have no idea why this didn't post on the day I wrote it!  Also, I can't leave comments on a lot of blogs at the moment.  I'm throwing in the towel on it.  Sorry!


All Dressed in Love

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: All Dressed in Love (2008)


For Valentine's Day, we need a happy love song. Hear it here.


1) In this song, Jennifer sings, "I look good in love …" What about you? When you're happy, or sad, does it show? Or do you keep an even demeanor, no matter what?

The only thing that changes is that I don't talk.

2) This song played over the closing credits of a hit movie, Sex and the City. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession stand for popcorn, or a soft drink, or candy?

When we did go to the theater, back in the day, we bought popped corn and drinks. I do regret not going anymore; not seeing "Avatar" in a theater was not so smart.

3) Think of the last movie you watched at home. Was it a DVD, DVR, streamed or cable presentation?

Streamed.

4) Jennifer Hudson got good grades in high school and went away to Langston University in Oklahoma. But she was homesick for her family in Chicago and came home after just one semester. Have you ever been homesick?

No, but years ago we had a little girl who stayed over a few days who was my daughters' friend, and it took me awhile to realize that what was wrong with her was homesickness!  I felt so bad about it!  We called up her Mom, and let her talk to her, and then we took her home right away that night.

5) Jennifer received acclaim for her renditions of "The Star Spangled Banner" at the 2008 Democratic Convention and Super Bowl XLIII. Do you agree with critics who say that our National Anthem is hard to sing?

No, I don't agree with the critics.  I think it is hard but not that hard.

6) Jennifer is a spokesperson for Weight Watchers and, with diet and exercise, went from a size 18 to a size 6. She says that while she's committed to healthy eating, she still enjoys ice cream occasionally. Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or a cup?

Can't eat it, sorry.  But I like a cone of frozen soy cream now and again.

7) Her fiance, Daniel Otunga, is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Harvard is the most famous of the eight "Ivy League" schools. Do you know the other seven?

No, not all.  I know just a few of them.  

8) With a Grammy and an Oscar, Jennifer Hudson is one of the most successful American Idol contestants. Can you name another singer who appeared on AI?
Sorry, no.  I never watched it.

9) Last year, Jennifer nearly bought a brand-new Ferrari because it was so great looking. At the last moment she backed out of the deal because she doesn't drive enough to warrant such an expensive car. What's the last impulse purchase you either made, or resisted?

I've always wanted a Bugatti Coupe.  Maybe Jennifer will buy me one?  *wink*  I usually hate shopping for anything but a few days ago I bought some silk flowers - on purpose- and while heading to the cash register, snagged a package of four little paper heart buttons.  One said, " Sweetheart",  so I sneaked back into the CR and stuck that one on Mr. Z's monitor after he went to sleep..  

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww about the "sweetheart" on Mr. Z's computer!! Love that, so sweet. <3

    Where does one get soy cream?! I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Mr.Z. is my sweetheart.... :o)

    About the soy cream: it's So Delicious brand, and is a frozen dessert made from semi concentrated soy milk and flavors. It's darn good. We get it from Staff of Life, or even Whole Foods when in the neighborhood. I think just about any health food type store has a brand though. I don't know if Trader Joe's has it. Maybe try Sprouts?

    We are getting a new supermarket chain in an old Vons. We were really hoping for a Whole Foods but it's a Haggen Food. It does buy local organic produce, so it gets a star for that one.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..