"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday. Making a butterfly garden. Doctors, and remembering Quartzsite.

Today was "three ring circus" day.

Wolfie got a blood test and so did I.  I think mine cost more. heehee
I stayed up late and watch the first three Smart Laughs Ted Talks.  If you get the chance to see them, the first one is a little scatty but the second two are good.  Second is hilarious, and the third one is very wonderful.  You'll love it.  The Web is a wonderful place, and it's something that I've watched grow up, and it just gets better and better.

I'm thankful that the clinic and vet part of the day is over.

And, though knowing empirically that every day above ground is a blessing, having more evidence before your eyes in the form of toddlers who are living proof of it, is quite humbling.  Those tiny, brave kids keep going no matter what, as long as their little legs work.

I'm going to go knit, and make the pieces for a new zeolite pad for the compost can.  It's not the classic use for the stuff so I hope it works.  Film at 11.....

I think when the five buddlieas are in the ground, we are only in need of a SEEP or two for the Butterflies.  When we were leaving the other morning for ceramics, I spotted a Monarch flitting around the blossoms of the aloes in the front yard.

Here's something I'm thankful that we could do for so many years...

This show is actually called Cloud's.  It was so much fun!
We used to go every year to the Quartzsite Rock Hound Gatherings and the Rock Sales!  It's a lot of fun and pretty exciting.  There is everything from beads to rough.  You don't need a camper to go there but it helps as it means less daily driving in from outside the area.  And don't worry about the heat.  It's in the winter and can get chilly at night, and day temps or only in the 70's to 80's and sometimes a whole lot cooler.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..