"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Flying away... Sunday... Stealing away....



July 25, 2015

I’ll spread my wings and I’ll learn how to fly

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.  
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

I’ll spread my wings and I’ll learn how to fly Meme

Stolen from: Gabs survey

1. Have you ever had a pen pal?
Since I was little, I've had pen pals.  Now, there are three people whom I write to regularly, though it is exclusively Email, nowadays.  I'd be happy to have more but now they all read my blog.  What else an I possibly tell them in a letter?

2. What’s your favorite breed of dog?
I like all dogs regardless of breed.  If we had a big yard we'd have more dogs of all kinds, and even a few VERY BIG dogs.  Except for some pretty specific breeds, like Poodles and Shelties, I love Mutts best!

3. Can money buy happiness?
Money can buy stability in a time of need, it can do a lot of things toward happiness but it can't buy happiness.  Happiness is a state of mind.

4. Do you listen to music when you’re down?
I listen to music all the time.  The main reason I watch/listen to the credits is the music.

5.What is one thing you spend way too much money on?
Yarn and fabric.  I'm fighting off the urge to buy drapery and curtain material since there is a fantastic sale on it at JoAnne's.

6.Can you honestly say you’re okay right now?
I'm sleepy and need to get to bed because I was up all last night, but I really am OK right now.

7.What was the last thing you spent money on?
I bought the book in the side bar, used,like new.  I'm going to start reading it tonight.  I read myself to sleep if it works it's great, if it doesn't then I have to give up and turn off the light.

8.Is your current hair color mostly your natural hair color?
Yes, I have salt and pepper hair, more salt than pepper now but still, when it's wet from the shower it looks a lot more dark than light.  Most every other black haired person probably has this happen, too.
9.Who have you texted in the last 24 hours?
Today, I texted absolutely no one.  

10.Were you in a good mood last night?
I was sick last night, so no.  Today has been fine though.  Yay!  


Let's Dance!

11.Do you have a reason to smile right now?
OH baby, there is almost always a reason to smile. :o)  So yes.


I just want to eat this little baby up! 

12. How often do you hold back what you want to say?
Quite often because I want to hear someone out before I say anything, usually.  I'm more like a Navajo in that respect.  Give the talker some room please!  Unless they start gesticulating really close to my face and then I just have to ask them to back off a bit.

13. Do you think that in the end, everything will fall into place?
In the end, everything will fall into place.  In the end you either get something done, or you don't and find out that something else faces you and you deal with it.  You never know, something the "other thing" turns out better than anything you could have ever planned.

Either thing could happen and who is to say a lot of grief wasn't avoided when you doggedly trudged on to the ice cream store, and they were out of your favorites. Maybe your least favorite relative came by and You. Weren't. There!  And, you've had some good exercise and More Money!  You've also had a nice walk too, with plenty of time to smell the roses along the way.

14.Are you currently looking forward to anything?
I look forward to every single day.  Something good is going to reveal itself, or maybe a challenge but I do believe, you remember I'm a Quaker, that what is going to teach you, delight you, challenge you can happen at any moment.  The only certainty you have is that you will not walk alone through it.
15.Do you have any TV shows on DVD?
The only TV show DVDs we have are Downton Abby.  That Bug really bit me Hard, Mama!

Lord I am so tired that I'm going off to bed right now with my book in tow.  Have a great Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. I like buying fabric as well! And Downton Abby.is popular here.
    have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric is so easy to buy, but then you have to store it. *pulls out hair* This is what I tell myself to keep from buying more. Does it work? No!
    And Downton Abby is terrific and even the villain is changing. I will always miss Mathew and Sybil. Darn, that was harsh.
    Thank you ChanElena and I wish you a very nice week,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, Zippi....there is always a reason to smile. If there isn't, you're not looking. :)

    And I love Poodles and Shelties, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Stacy, and I totally agree. If you are conscious and look for something, even in a hospital bed, there is something to see that can be life saving if you concentrate hard enough on making it help you feel happiness. Sometimes it takes extraordinary focus but just the act of trying counts, too.

    Aren't those two breeds wonderful little dogs. I love Collies, too, but they are just so big. Shelties are a lot like toy collies, and so very sweet natured.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a sheltie once and I was constantly shaving her behind. What a mess. She wan't healthy and did not live more than three years. Then I got my schnauzer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know you were a Quaker. That is fascinating. I wish I knew how to sew and do crafty things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, I am, from the inside out, a Quaker. But I need to quit the political side of my nature. It will kill me if I let it do so. Quakers have a penchant for Politics. Forget Nixon, a BAD Quaker. hehehe

      You are a musician, and still playing and singing. I envy you, Country Dew, it's the best life, truly. Sewing and Knitting are fun. Writing is even more fun!

      Delete
  7. Just saw your little doggie on your blog. What a sweetie! Shelties seem to have bad lines here and there. I know poodles do, that's why Jazzie was a rescue.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..