"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday5: Something's Fishy here.... Very Finny!

Friday 5 for July 31: Fresh Catch

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!



What were your feelings the last time you stood on a scale?
Frankly, I was appalled.  I can't put on weight.  After knee surgery it is a big NoNo.  Had to quit fitness because my arms went "south" and I didn't allow for that drop in calorie consumption.    

In what ways are you old school, and in what ways are you new school?
I'm old enough to be traditional- mostly, and that would include bygone social mores, academically (a believer in life long learning) and artistically (If it looks like a pile of junk, it is a pile of junk).  

New School?  Well, I'm very inclusive of other colors of human beings, other cultures, religious beliefs (live and let live), and Clothing styles- aka Dressing.  I love almost all the new fashions even when I can't wear them.  I soooo Love me some Crocs!  Let's see, that isn't fishy, is it?  hehe


What big event is coming down the pike for you?
Getting the side yard planted and a dry stream bed in there.  The torts love the yard just the way it is, but they do NOT rule!  Take that, little bossy monsters.  I have to be careful out there in the back 40 in summer.  The little dinosaurs try to eat my toe nails because of the color, usually pink or red. 

"Strawberries! Yum!  Pile on, Guys!"

From THIS Excellent Blogger
This tort sends out radio signals so she can be tracked
If you follow "The Guzzler" blog, you will be right on top of everything going on, mostly water wise, in the South Western states.

In which social situations do you thrive, and in which do you flounder?
Basically, I am at home in any venue.  Anyone approaching me has, I feel, got to be on common ground if they are human at all.  I'm not intimidated by any sort of human ranking.  Well, maybe some "Uniform" with an M-16 might be able to intimidate me.
 
You don't want to know where this came from
When was the last time a fad hooked you?
Fads, hmmmm?  Polka dots!  The first dress I made in Junior High had nice pink polka dots on a white ground.  But you already know that.  That's truly the last fad that grabbed me.  Heck, I still carry a pocket knife.  They are very handy.  But, that's very Old School.

Thanks for participating, and may your anemones have terrible weekends!
Why thank you, and may your anemones also just leave you in peace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..