"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday5 Teaching Expectations, and what they can do for students?

Friday 5 for July 24: Expected Student Learning Results


Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! 

Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

A trend in education for the past several years has been to identify the central, target outcomes a school sets its sights on for its graduates. They’re kind of a pain sometimes, but the primary aim is admirable, and institutions who use them well can get a lot out of them. I’ve taught at two schools who defined their outcomes this way, so I thought it would be fun to use one set of them here. There were five, you see.

In what way were you a concerned citizen this past week?
I blogged about alerts from environmental groups and try to stir up more action for them.

In what way were you a clear communicator this past week?
See last week's Sunday Stealing for a clue?  Anyway the rest of the week would yield no example of "Clear communication" since there was nothing that would be interesting to relate here.

In what way were you an insightful learner this past week?
I watched the documentary, "The Widow-maker" this past week.  I'm planning to watch it again. This time I'll take copious notes.

It gets you attention when your 43 year old assistant Veterinarian drops dead of a heart attack with no prior indication of trouble; any concerned person wants to know WHY.

It's my opinion that LarMarj and Country Dew are right, and I know as well, that we have a screwed up healthcare system where making money is more important than treating people in order to get them well without unnecessary surgeries and drugs..

In what way were you an effective advocate this past week?
Other than things mentioned already, I have no idea.  I'm not entirely sure what role advocacy plays at this stage of my life.  I'm much more of a private person than I've ever been before.  I would like to remain an advocate for the poor, of children and of animals, though this will have to be carried out via this blog.

In what way were you a responsible risk-taker this past week?
Now, that's a hard one.  I am not taking on risk at any level anymore.  If it finds me, and it hasn't, I'll deal.  Actually, I'm going slightly eccentric and plan to join an Agricultural  commune(CSA)  That's my risk taking for the future.

Thank you for participating, and may you have an educational weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..