"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday9: The Fourth and all, Happy Fourth of July... if you celebrate.. I hybernate


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Hungry (1966)
... because it's 4th of July 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? 
Hear it here.

1) Are you eating anything as you respond to these questions?
I'm headed for bed.  Too late to eat anything.  Doesn't that cause Nightmares?


YUM!
2) Paul Revere and the Raiders performed in Revolutionary garb. Have you ever worked at a job that required you to wear a uniform?
Nope, I never had to wear a uniform.  Oh wait,  UpDate... I had to wear a uniform at Dairy Queen, working for my Guitar.  It was worth it.

3) The "Paul Revere" of Raiders fame was born Paul Revere Dick in Boise, Idaho. What else is Idaho known for?
Russet potatoes of course.  Or are these spuds called Idahoes?  


Of course this potato was made popular by the original Mr. Potato Head toys,and by all the death of Mr. Potato Head YouTubes, and of course, the classic motorcycle gathering in Sturgis

4) The original Paul Revere was a silversmith by trade,  known for making church bells. Can you hear church bells from your home?
I can hear no church bells in this house but where we lived before this, we could always hear them.  I miss them.  Now I ring my own three bells and drive the neighbors bananas with wind chimes.  But they all have more than I do.  I'm afraid to try to keep up because it will scare all the birds away.  



5) In April, 1775, Paul Revere literally rode into history when he galloped into the night, spreading the word that "the British are coming." Name another Revolutionary War-era hero.

My Heart will always belong to George Washington, who survived an assassination plot and starved with his men.  He was a great Warrior Leader, as some have said before me, he is, was and will always be, the embodiment of Courage.

6) Historians tell us that Revere's famous "midnight ride" actually took place between 9:00 and 10:00 PM. When is your usual bedtime?  10:00 but I never make it to bed at that time or go to sleep before around 1 am.

7) Earlier this year, officials from Boston's Museum of Fine Arts uncovered a time capsule buried in 1795 by Paul Revere and Gov. Sam Adams. It included coins and newspapers. If you were to bury a time capsule that reflects American life in 2015, what would it include?
I saw Harriet's time capsule inclusion and couldn't agree more.  We could include pictures of all the Vietnam vets who show up at "Muster" in the Park every summer.  

8) Will you attend a fireworks display during the 4th of July weekend?
We stay home with the Puppy.  We can't leave him alone on a dreadful evening when all that horrible noise is going.  I am afraid for the birds who are here along the Pacific Flyway.  There, I rained on the parade.  

9) What's your preferred way to celebrate Independence Day -- a parade, a picnic, or both?
picnic, when we can be bothered to wade through bodies on the beach.  Look we love ya, but couldn't you come in the other seasons?  The Oceans just as warm, since it never gets over 67 most of the time anyway.  And the sun shine is the same, you can get a horrid sunburn just as easily in January as in August.  Take it from me, the parking situation is better.  Give yourselves a break, and us along with it?
San Diego Digital's Picture
We'll celebrate the END of summer in this Beach town.  It's not so much the Bodies in the water, it's the all cars parked all over people's lawns, and driveways, sidewalks... not being able to find a place to park at your favorite bead shop.  You know... Scroogie sorts of thoughts..... Bah humbug.  And you thought only Christmas engendered such ill will.... buhahahaha!


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. You've got me laughing again..."bedtime is 10 but I never get to sleep before 1 a.m.".

    Here in Germany, people set off fireworks at midnight on New Year's Eve. I don't participate in that either, mostly because I feel sorry for the poor birds sitting in the trees sleeping until all hell breaks loose. It's just stupid and cruel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neighbors, in spite of the high fire danger a few years ago, sent up rockets. We are not allowed to do that, so the police came. I guess humans just like to blow things up with lots of attendant noise. Oh boy. Yes, it is stupid and cruel. We are putting cotton balls in Wolfie's ears tonight.

      Delete
  2. Happy 4th! I'm not a fan of fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 4th to you, Kwizgiver! I only like sparklers- the old kind that really sparkled but didn't just spit.

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th. I love your header picture. It is lovely.
    Be well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew. It's a winter sunset at Quartzsite, taken with the 35mm camera. And thank you for the good wishes. I wish them right back to you. :o)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shout out. It seems like quite a few of us will be home calming the canines for the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Harriet. That time capsule suggestion of Trump was hilarious! And good luck to you keeping the fur kids from having heart attacks tonight.

      Delete
  5. I just heard that George Washington spent his post presidency running a distillery. Good for him, I say! Certainly more honest and straightforward work than serving on corporate boards or giving speeches for pay. I often wonder what he and Martha would think of their successors ...

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..