"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Thankful Thursday, er Tuesday...Books! This is for the tailless ones.. Google+ Trafficking.

I suppose this could be called a Tailless Tuesday post.

We live in a time of immeasurable wealth, not in the usual sense of the word, the mundane money gatherings, but in a time that is glorious by the fact that we have, at our disposal, the thoughts and speculations about our Universe, and World and their workings from all the great minds of the past, and that we can read these philosophies in our native tongues.

That, to me, is truly a miracle which slowly evolved, but a miracle nonetheless.  People who are intent on limiting knowledge, for the most part, have been denounced and banned.   How lucky we are that when we look back down through the ages from our own vantage points today, we can still read those works and ponder them in our hearts.

This ability to commune with great minds of the past is made possible because we have books some of which are almost as old as the oldest civilizations.  And lucky we are that these books were preserved, and translated by others who came before us; those who wrote treatise after treatise upon these ideas in their books.

You may think of yourselves as very lucky and blessed by this because it is nothing less than miraculous that more and more burning of the Libraries, like that in Alexandria, or the Nazis' book burning, have not occurred.

We are Lucky, Tailless ones; we are so very Lucky.

----------------------------------

And now for something completely different...

I've decided to be a responsible user of Google+.  No one not in my circles gets past the electric fence.  Also, I've removed any third party link from this blog that might be sending you cookies, and I apologize that you've possibly been used in this way.

Additionally, I'm contemplating removing the Google+ tag from my blog.   What I may do is drop any entity from circles which appears to be a commercial site.  If you are in my Friends circle, or Family, or in the Bloggers, you will still see this blog there, because my original intention in using Google+ was because friends, fellow bloggers, and family are there. 
I know there are a lot of very nice people in the world, but there are also people who piggyback in and misuse good intentions for their own commercial selling.  Sad but true.

To whom it may concern:  I do not - now nor ever- desire to see, or to purchase, a Palatial home in Scottsdale. AZ.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a member of anything *google*. They make money with the data they collect from the sites you google, the emails you send (if you are .gmail), etc., etc. Not a fan, at all. Which also means I'm not a + member. I hope I don't get locked out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, no, you won't be looked out. Blogspot existed long before Google ever did, and Google bought them and then went about trying to entice people to expand readership through Google+. I only joined it because some of my family and some other friends had gone over there. You know, people you want to stay in touch with. But, thank the Cyber Gods, Google was kind and generous enough to not close of Friends Connect. They got an outcry I think.

      I'm so used to this format and the way things work here that I've stayed here. I just feel too old to learn another set of Anythings!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, that's good to know.
      Still, I'm sorry to hear you are getting spammed. There is a browser Addon called Ghostery that, depending on your browser, will help protect your privacy by allowing you to disable some or all trackers of websites. I've been using it for about a year now. It is amazing how many sites employ tons of trackers. Give it a google, you might find it useful.

      Delete
    3. Gee, I meant to say "locked out" and not "looked out" up there above.

      I'll try Ghostery. I've got all my browsers set to strip all cookies when I close them but Google+ may not be touchable. We'll see. That's where the spam came in, on the Google+ page.

      Delete
  2. I just got a notice from google that they have to advise their European customers of the cookies on the site. Europe always seems a step ahead of us as far as internet safety and privacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google has actually been informed that all it's blogspot users must have a warning to Europeans if we have things on our blogs that present any European visitors to our blogs that they will be handed a cookie. I removed stat counter- a European company, isn't that a laugh- and also the visitors' tracker that was up for a couple of days. I don't think there's anything else, unless it's Google itself, which they informed all of the blogspot bloggers about when saying we had to inform Europeans that they were going to get cookies, but no tea. ;o) Long and clear as mud I know but now I'm toddling off to bed. Yawns! whew what a day I've had.

      I think that I resented that Blogspot was taken over by Google. But, time has moved on and taken me with it. I'm used to it now.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..