"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Happiness Challenge: post 1.

The Gal Herself suggested this August Happiness Project last year.

and I quote:

"Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world."

I have the feeling that I blew it but I'll try anyway..

Challenge: Day 1:

It's called The Blue Butterfly Village project and it was started by the Volunteers of America.

It's been something I've planned to blog about, and this is the perfect day to introduce you to The Blue Butterfly Village in Los Angeles.  It is for women veterans of the armed services, and provides many services, including housing and a complete array of other services to help them get back on their feet and re-oriented if they have any sort of problems dealing with life.

That's my Happiness for today, the first day of August!

And here's a photo of a lovely visitor to the garden yesterday.  This is the first time I've seen this species in my garden.

It's called a Neon Skimmer- look HERE to compare - it was a very bright little guy.
It was so close to the sliding door I had to take this through two layers of tinted glass.
Have a Happy August!

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful photo. No wonder you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We don't usually get water lovers this far from the lake. I am happy! :o)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I'm will be watching all the Happiness bloggers too... a person needs all the happiness they can get!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the Happiness Challenge! No rules, so you didn't blow anything. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KG! Whoot! No rules is good other than the simple happiness one. Very sweet! :o)

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..