"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Is that Medium Rare or some other kind? Friday5:


Friday 5 for August 28: Extra Medium

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

What forms of media consumption do you pay for?
The daily Rag, aka the Union Tribune

When did you last read a physical newspaper?
Last Sunday

What percentage of your television consumption is watched live as it’s broadcast, versus on-demand, via recording, or some other stored or streamed medium?
Possibly five percent.  We watch things on PBS but not every week or even every month.

What’s been the big local story in your area this week?
I only read the Financial section and the big news has been the stock market, which may or may not be local.

What is the most recent thing you regretted clicking?
I have to tell you why the meltdown happened yesterday, it did, indeed start with a regretted "click"

I was researching for a blog post, and clicked on what I thought was a legitimate page for the topic, and - holy Criminy - it was not.  And, that same night we watched a documentary on Edward Snowden called "Citizen Four", and that was one of the first things I thought about when he was describing how innocent people are being caught in this espionage- my word- being conducted around the globe by the NSA.  Boy do I regret that click, big time.

Source

And I'm through with American Politics. Done.  Stick. A. Fork. In. Me. Done!
In Truth?  There is no such thing as Politics.  It's become ALL Economics!

I have nothing to say that hasn't been said, and this is Kismet.  I'm through.  I can feel this little kernel of hatred growing in my heart, and I do not want it there.  Kiss My Grits, Politicians, Big Corps, Military Brass....  All!  Jack, your advice is taken.  I'm going back to full time crafting.  Meh!


And the boss of this little weekly Meme says:

Thanks for participating, and have a delightful weekend!

And I wish the same for you all.  

4 comments:

  1. Amen.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. My heart just can't deal anymore. And my head, it can't comprehend it all! Now I think of, and call, my cell phone, a Little Spy.

      Delete
  2. I've been trying to teach my students about this crazy stock market ride. Mostly, they don't care. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that they don't care, Kwizgiver, because we both know it affects their futures. And, this thing with China, it should be seen as deja vu by American newpeople, but they are buying into Wall Streets BS. Think of the "Hedge Fund" rescue under Clinton, and the way we expand our money supply just because we can. China's taken a page out of the American playbook.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..