"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Thieves! The Sunday Birds are Chirping and probably Stealing....

Birds Are Chirping Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

Birds Are Chirping Meme

Stolen from: Angel's Survey Blog

Name a product you buy mostly because it has a cool package.
Back in the 60's I set a course to stonewall most marketing ploys.   I'm reaaaally good at it now.

What flavor cake do you like for your birthday?
I like chocolate Souffle cake (flourless cake), but also like- just as much- a carrot cake made from a recipe that came from the SG&E pamphlet, when they still did such nice things.  Now they just try to sneak in and take and arm and a leg while you sleep.  That's why we have the dog.

Have you ever been in love with someone much older or younger than you?
I once cried when I found out that my UC Mineralogy professor was married, but otherwise, no.

Have you ever had a job you loved?
My job as a teacher's aid was the best thing ever.

Have you ever been in a building that was on fire?
No.  But I did drive through a wildfire once.  Very scary.

Are you in an argument with anyone right now?
No.  I don't usually argue with anyone anymore.  Life's just too short.

Would you change your hair color to something outrageous if you would get paid to?
 As long as the color was Pink.  Otherwise, no.
SOURCE

Have you ever written a poem for someone?
Yes, once.  They ended up getting divorced anyway.  It was about how to not lose your love in small ways.  Well, they went for the throat so I guess it was sort of successful.  Otherwise, not anyone else specific, but I do write poetry from time to time.

What is a place you’ve vacationed at and would like to go back to?
Pt Reyes National Seashore.   It's beautiful there.


Looking North, from the top of the point.

LIght House


Do you eat samples at the grocery store?
No.  oh Ick!

What do you absolutely have to have to make your birthday feel special?
The biggest thing you can do regarding birthdays for yourself is to live through them.  But it's always fun to make another person's birthday special.  Like one for a 98 year old.  


From this amazing blog

What’s the last tourist area you visited?
I went to The beach in San Diego

Where do you go out to eat for a special occasion?
Our lovely, and local, Italian Restaurant.

When was the last time you went to a post office?
A couple of years ago.  DH goes all the time.  We usually do a drive-by posting at the big blue boxes from time to time. And speaking of birthdays.....




Is there an item you are saving up to buy right now?
No.  We really have all the "stuff" we could ever use.  I'm glad I'm not saving up for a heart transplant though.  That would be tough at any age.

Are you psychic in any way?
If I felt that I was, I wouldn't tell the world.  Spoils the surprise; ya know?


Do you prefer a laptop or desktop? Which are you on now?
I love this creaking old desktop.  It's ten years old and Mr. Z's "Hobby" (sorry Country Dew, it was a typo, now corrected) is keeping it running.  It keeps him off the streets.

Have you ever received a gift and truly did not know what it was?
No, but Darn that sounds like fun!
Oh that Naughty Pandora!

What’s your homepage?
What is a homepage?  Oh you mean that thing that comes up first even when you hate it?  I'd have to say it's the Google Search page.  

Is there a thing you enjoy doing, but quit because you are not good at it?
If a person enjoys doing something, why on earth would they quit doing it just because they weren't good at it?  
I can see not being good at bungie jumping or base jumping but you wouldn't enjoy something like that for very long at all.  Yes?  
Oh I see.  hmmmm?  Well, not exactly a conundrum but close!

10 comments:

  1. The samples at the grocery store is kinda gross.
    Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ChanElena, I hope you've had a nice half week and it keeps getting better, too!

      About snacks anywhere: I have to be very careful what I eat. So, avoidance if random foods is one thing imperative to life as I know it. heehee

      Delete
  2. It has nothing to do with the quiz, but I love, love, LOVE your zinnias! They're my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Stacy, sorry I'm so tardy with answers (everyone( too. I'll keep them up for you then. I love them too! They can make us both really happy! They were at the Santa Cruz farmer's market a couple summers ago.

      Delete
  3. My local grocery store has sample weekends when everything to sample has an attendant who's been trained, so it's not so gross as other stores' samples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree completely, Kwizgiver. I want someone there who can tell me what is IN that snack. ;o)

      Delete
  4. I wish I had a Mr. K to help keep my desktop running! (Don't upgrade to Windows 10).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you did, too, Country Dew, after reading about the monumental issues lately surrounding your computer. And thanks for the Tip on Windows 10. DH won't upgrad, he says, until they fix everything about it. He's not impressed, either.

      Delete
  5. When I was a Freshman I took a French class that was taught by a TA who always smelled so good. I was really into that one. Now that I look back on things, I wonder which team he actually batted for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah,that French teacher may have BEEN a true Frenchman, or at least a Francophile. The "Land of the Perfume" means everyone, maybe even dairy farmers, has to smell "presentable". heehee

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..