"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Toughness and such... do you have what it takes? I don't! *Screams!* Sunday Stealing.

April 30, 2016
A to Z Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes.
Want to join in the fun?  

Go to HERE!  That's where we be!  The Sunday Stealing Blog spot!  Cheers to all of us thieves!!!  

A to Z Meme

Stolen from: i take surveys



A) What does the last text you sent say? And to whom?
My daughter Gee, to say "Hearts, smilie face, Heart"

B) What does the last text you received say? And from whom?
My sister.  And no, I'm not going to say what it said.

C) What time do you wake up most mornings?
7:00 ish, sometimes more ish than 7's.

D) Are you afraid of walking alone at night?
Hell, yes!  I'm 73 years old and couldn't fight off anything bigger than a mosquito anymore.

E) What do you do to relax at the end of a stressful day?
Day's actually end?  Stress isn't normal in modern (and not so normal) societies? People actually DO things to relax besides drinking a pint of gin and then doing a face plant on the bed? 

F) Where did your last kiss take place and with whom?
Mr Z and I kissed each other when we were setting the table, actually we met while clearing our crap off one end of the table, so we kissed. and we laughed and then set the table.

G) Do/did you get into trouble a lot at school?
Trouble found me.  I had what was perceived as a Spanish surname (it was not), and I went to school through most of high school in the Los Angeles County School system in the 50's.  Trouble found ME....

H) Do you enjoy your job? If unemployed, are you content being so?
I'm retired and I loved all my little jobs when I was employed.

I) Do you often pick up on double entendres and innuendos?
IF they are sexual, no, I'm the stupidest, some might say most innocent, person on the planet where that is concerned.  That's most of what double entendre and innuendo is about, yes?

J) Have you ever been offered drugs but declined?
No.  Drugs where about two or three years behind my generation, so we grew up in a sort of bubble.  The kids from East L.A. knew about them, and probably sold them and used them but not the rest of us.  Actually, I tend to blame jazz musicians for drugs, and there weren't any jazz bands in our schools or neighborhoods at the time.

K) Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking?
One boy in a political science class at college.  I will never forget the moment when the light of insurrection went off in my head.  It was a completely peaceful take over of my consciousness.

L) Have you ever been offered drugs and accepted?
Please see J above.

M) Tell us something weird that turns you on.
I'm not a teenager anymore.  There is nothing weird about sexual attraction.  Or is there?  Or, maybe that's not what you mean by "turns you on.".  Hmmm.  *looks askance*.

N) When did someone last admit romantic or sexual feelings for you? Was the feeling mutual?
I think I'd better go get a bottle of Geritol to continue with this meme.

O) What is something you have given a lot of thought to lately?
How to use a combination of herbs and other things, like Yoga, to empower the immune system to re-balance itself.

P) When did you last swallow your beliefs to avoid an argument or confrontation?
I do this every day.  But not on my blog.  heehee

Q) Do you usually initiate hugs?
Yes, but this was not always the way it was.  I was shy and didn't like to be touched.  I guess I was belted around enough at school.

R) Are you a very affectionate person?
I am affectionate but I'm not an Italian Auntie.  I would like to have been raised by an Italian but didn't get the chance to be.  *sighs*  

S) Can you roll your own cigarettes?
Oddly, I am good at rolling cigarettes because I used to make them for my grandpa.  This was in the 40's when packs of cigarettes were mostly from France and VERY expensive.

T) What are you looking forward to?
Waking up tomorrow with my side kicks and living another day.  Today we moved the scanner to a place I can more easily use it, away from my gimpy arm, and tomorrow, THE WORLD!!!
I'm also looking forward to digitizing more printed photos, and going blog visiting to read all the answers from Saturday9 and this meme.  Yay!

U) Do you have any tattoos. Do you want any/more?
I don't have any tats and missed my chance at getting a little rose bud on my shoulder.
or this on my chest:  
Yah, it's a little much, I agree.

V) Are you mentally strong?
You don't make it this far without being mentally strong.

W) Are you physically strong?
I am stronger than most women my age. I've paid for it, and so I'll claim it. Incidentally,  I am secretly still a tomboy.  I'd like to be able to ride a motor cycle with my gang but I'm a bit past it.


From Pinterest, and Hallmark

X) Do you think you’re a good person?
I don't think anyone can know, really KNOW that about themselves.  
There are so many obstacles, mostly mental, that keep a person from forgiving themselves or others, and this is the crux of goodness, so thus, this is a judgement for a superior being.  
Notwithstanding, I do try to do the honorable and the noble.  I try to be kind.  
Insofar as I achieve true kindness, my purpose for living will have been fulfilled. 

Y) Name one thing you wish you could change about your life right now.
I would wish that cancer would be no more.  Not anywhere, in plants or in the other earthlings, because right now, it exists in all of nature, and I want it GONE  from our little planet!

Z) What do you usually eat for breakfast?
I eat a rice cake, a fruit, and either an egg or some cheese.  Oh, and chocolate and, yes, tea.

14 comments:

  1. Love your answer to K. It reads like the beginning of a short story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the beginning of a very long story. The next couple of weeks we had a guest speaker at the college who was from the US Department of immigration. He opened the door to questions, and I fired a cannon across the bow of the Ship of State that was heard probably all the way to Washington D.C., or at least I hoped it would be. I was affronted by the Quota System- that stodgy demon of former times, and asked some very pointed questions. At that place and time it probably was rude, but someone had to tell them all was not well in Utopia.

      Delete
  2. I just love you, Zippi! I wanna be like you when I'm older. We have different views on a lot of stuff, but I admire and respect how full-throttle you live. I hope I'm like that when I'm 73.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, Stacy! And just keep reading, voting your heart out, and forming and sharing your body of knowledge and opinions, because it takes two sides, at least, to uphold our Union. God help us if we all suddenly agreed, because there should always be room for improvement. It's dangerous for America, imho, for her peoples' voices to be silent.
      We have to work to make all voices, and votes,be counted so we aren't living a lie.

      Delete
  3. Tattoo lady certainly woke me up just now. I agree with you on that cancer thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cancer has no reason to exist, as far as we know. So, yes, a pox upon it! And isn't that tattoo a kick in the head? I'm pretty sure it's real.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that tattoo is hilarious! But yes, too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't resist posting it. I was searching for "70 year old women warriors" and that popped up. And, yes. Too much!

      Delete
  5. Loved your answers, as always. You are doing great at 73 - better'n me at 52. I wish had your ZIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the answers, CountryDew. I've just sort of let my inner tomboy out. Aches and pains are ok as long as you can still walk, as you can outrun most things when needs be such. The instincts take over. heehee

      Delete
    2. I am pretty sure that you have long since achieved true kindness. Seriously.
      And thanks for reminding me about there being Geritol ;-)

      Delete
    3. Karen, Geritol is iron but a lot of alcohol if it hasn't been changed, lol.
      And true kindness does not carry a knife. heehee

      Delete
  6. Shortybear, always a pleasure to have you visit. Hope the rest of your week is as pleasant as possible Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..