"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Audubon, Cornell School of Ornithology, A love story....

Along with many other bird organizations, Audubon and Cornell  have  been instrumental in saving habitat and rehabilitating individual bird species; among them is the symbol of our Nation.

Photo: Don Berman/Audubon Photography Awards

If you go to to the site  and poke around, you'll be able to see all the Photography Award winners.

This is the quote from the page:
"Congress is moving quickly to gut the Endangered Species Act, America’s strongest and most important law for protecting wildlife. 
The Endangered Species Act has a proven track record of success in providing a safety net that protects our most vulnerable wildlife. It has prevented 99 percent of the species under its care from going extinct, including America's symbol, the Bald Eagle. We should allow this critical law to continue to protect wildlife for future generations, not undermine it.
Please ask your members of Congress to oppose efforts to weaken the Endangered Species Act."
This is one of the most important efforts you will participate in regarding the environment.  Please consider  doing this.  Go HERE for the Petition.  Thank you!

And go HERE if you would like to become a pro at photographing birds with your smart phone.

And  HERE  if you are interested in making your garden more inviting to migratory species as well as the little "home bodies".

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful picture of an eagle. I'll have to check out how to take wildlife photos with my phone. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Mia Celeste. Thanks for commenting here, too. Hope you have a restful, and Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  2. Excellent article on the use of a smartphone for bird photos. I will have to re-read it in depth as I love taking pics of birds. Also, I absolutely love the flowers in your header above. They are so bright and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Those are of bygone bouquets 💐 from farmers' markets. Happily, there are about a dozen in all.
    About bird pics: It helps with some things like focal points, and delayed shots. Some of the most impressive snaps at the site are taken with a smart phone linked to a four thousand dollar birding scope. Lol. I'd rather have an EOS Canon. Cheaper!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..