"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday Stealing: The little house on the prairie is it?

Want to see other people's answers?  Go HERE  You can link up with your own there as well.


1. Which living person do you admire the most, and why?
Naomi Klein.  I respect her intellect and admire her courage.

2. When were you the happiest?
When I was taking care of my family and had gone back to school. 

3. Besides property, automobile or furniture, what is the most expensive thing you have bought?
My new Computer.

4. What is your most treasured possession?
My strange and quirky mind.

5. Where would you like to live?
Somewhere near the coast, above Santa Barbara.

6. Who would you get to play you in a film of your life?
 Also, Sandra Bullock.  

7. What is your favorite book?
There is no way that I have a "favorite" book.

8. What is your most unappealing habit?
Lately, it's been burping.

9. Twitter or Facebook? (Or if both share the differences in your opinion.) 
I am starting to do both.  I like them for different reasons.

10. What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
I loved my Navy Pilot's uniform.

11. What is your earliest memory?
Cutting my finger on some razor blades.

12. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
That would be ruffled potato chips.  I can eat them 7/24.

13. What do you owe your parents?
My mother taught me to love all plants, even the weeds which have a place on the planet as food for every thing else.  She also gave me her fine sense of humor, and her love of all creatures, great and small.  Nothing from my father.  In fact it took nearly ten years to outlive his "gifts."

14. To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
My Dear Heart.  

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My Dear Heart.

16. What does love feel like to you?
Steady, affectionate, and kind.

17. What was the best kiss of your life?
My first kiss from Mr. Z.

18. Which words or phrases do you overuse?
I was really cussing out the Universe this year.  I had to get a handle of this one... F**k!  Frak just didn't take the edge off.

19. What's the worst job you have done?
As a kid, I had to kill the chickens.  Some of them I'd raised since they were babies.  GAH!

20. If you could edit your past, what would you change?
PsychoDad would stay in England, France and Germany with his girl friends.

21. What is the closest you have came to death?
When my gall bladder became enraged, it almost took out my liver.  I was hospitalized for a week on nothing but anti-body and saline drip.  Close!

22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Four Generous, and Kind daughters who help others in need.  

23. When did you cry last?
Like Bev, at Funny The World, I cry every day.

24. How do you relax?
I stare off into the distance and think of eternal things.  

25. What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
We, the people would get rid of the Electoral College, which as served us VERY ill.....

26. What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
You can get over your nightmares and pick up the pieces and go on.

4 comments:

  1. #25 YES times a million. The gallbladder experience sounds scary! My mom had hers out and it gave her a world of trouble before they finally removed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and make that times 324,569,553 million. That's the population and I got to see one born on the clock just now. That monstrosity from a bygone era should be thrown out on it's ear.

    The gall bladder is guite useful, and it would be wonderful if medical science would figure out what happens to make it spit little blue balls at the pancreas, you know? Glad your mom finally got a correct diagnosis. Another gripe for another time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if your mother and my grandmother would have gotten along very well. My Nana loved plants and taught me all about them...even the weeds. I think one of the prettiest sights is a fall field filled with purple Ironweed and Goldenrod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mother and your grandmother would have had a lot to talk about. My mother was a farmer's daughter, who passed her love of the land down to me, and through me to my children. Preserving farmland in order to feed ourselves must remain a priority. And leaving nature to form her systems will take true vision.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..