"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, April 28, 2017

I won't last a day without you... Carpenters. Saturday 9





Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it HERE

1) This song makes reference to rainbows. Have you seen one lately?
This is the last one that I saw, maybe mid March?.  It hasn't really rained very much since then.  It cheered me up quite a lot, and the rain made the air so fresh and sweet. Mr.Z had just sent me a text including a photo of the rainbow he'd just seen at the Lake, and so I noticed that it started raining pretty hard here with bright sun lower in the sky,That just portends a rainbow.  I dashed outside in the rain and caught this one.
Make it big
2) When Sam heard this song, it occurred to her that she wouldn't last a day without a game of online Yahtzee. What little commonplace pleasure reliably brightens your day?
I like to play free cell, and solitaire but they aren't on line. But  I'm spending more time in our online game as life takes a turn down a very long, darkm and dangerous alley.

3) Richard Carpenter was emphatic that his group's name was "Carpenters," NO "the." Whenever he hears the group referred to as "The Carpenters," it gets on his nerves. What little commonplace annoyance reliably sets you off?
Commonplace annoyance?  That would be when someone gets on a high horse just asking to be knocked off.  A host on a show can hardly say, "And here they are, I give you, Carpenters!"  What's that wee snit all about?

4) Karen Carpenter said she drank iced tea all day long. What beverage do you think you'll have with your next meal?
I'm about to have lemon ginger tea with honey and a splash of vinegar.  It's rather yummy.

5) "I Won't Last a Day without You" was written by Oscar-winning composer Paul Williams. He also tried his hand at acting, most notably appearing with Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit. Back in the 1970s, the three movies in the Smokey series were very popular. Have you seen any of them? 
No, sorry. I'll watch them now if they are any good, because I did like Burt in the  few films we saw, as an actor, but as a man?  Idon'tthinkso.  Not a very romantic lead at ALL! lol

6) This song was recorded in 1973 by Diana Ross. Now in her 70s, Miss Ross is still going strong with a busy calendar of appearances in 2017. What's your favorite Diana Ross song?
THIS one,  It can't be embedded but it is a very Powerful and Beautiful song...

7) In 1972, the year this song was popular, the United States and the United Kingdom joined forces and launched the Copernicus satellite. Today it's remembered for the discovery of long-period pulsars. Crazy Sam got bored writing this question. Do you enjoy reading about science?
I LOVE reading about science. Even that late 20th century faux science of Economics.

8) Before Michael Phelps, Mark Spitz was American's premier Olympic swimmer. In 1972 he won seven Gold Medals. After making millions in endorsements and TV appearances, he settled into a career as a realtor in Los Angeles. Are you contemplating a change in residence any time soon? If you move, will you be consulting a realtor?
*Tap dances around the question*  No.  We have no plan to move.  And I remember Mark Spitz so very well.  His swimming competitions were things of grace and beauty.
 
9) Random question: Which of these is completely, 100% UNTRUE of you -- boring, lazy or stupid? 
 Being at the very least 10% of all of the above, I don't DARE make such a bold claim.



Thank you Sam, for the fun meme every Saturday!  

NOTE:  If any reader wants to see other entries, or even toss an offering into the mix, go HERE to the Saturday 9 page for this week.

14 comments:

  1. LOVE that Diana Ross clip!

    I bet your tea smells yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a beautiful song!
      The tea tastes yummy, too. I use Bragg's in my tea.
      Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  2. That's one gorgeous double rainbow! And I remember Mark Spitz too. We saw him once in an appearance on a stage in a gas station one time. I wonder how he felt about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it was like a .. sign? I will always remember the emotions of that day.
      He probably enjoyed his time on stage, selling his role. Real Estate seems like a good fit for a friendly fellow like Spitz.

      Delete
  3. We haven't had the proper weather for rainbows--we just got through the 6-months-of-snow-melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr! 6 months of snow melt sounds just dreadful. I do hope that you get some beautiful rainbows in the afternoons (or mornings) during spring and summer.

      Delete
  4. Your answer to #3 made me laugh out loud. People (including me) fixate on the dumbest things, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumb? no, as our little piques are various, unique, and sometimes strike a cord with others, as yours has with me. This was a very fun question. (So, thank you, Gal!)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely photo! Great capture and incredibly vivid. AA++ for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you CountryDew. But I cannot take a lot of credit for it. The smart phone did it all by itself, along with a timely text from DH to alert me. But really, thank you. I can rest on your laurels and savor the moment of wonder at nature's beck.

      Delete
  6. Mark Spitz was truly amazing especially with the climate of that Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. And, may we never see the like of it again! Dreadful!

      Delete
  7. What a magnificent rainbow! Lovely shot. And I love the sound of "lemon ginger tea" -- makes me want some right now!

    Hope you have a wonderful week, and thanks for the blog visit.
    ~ Joy @ joysweb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Tis very good. And a thanks and a you're welcome back from me.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..