"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Sunday Stealing: "Ah, to Sleep, perchance to dream...."

Sleepy Rambles... zzzzz


Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. 

Cheers to all of us thieves!


zippi note:  If you want to play along on this fun meme, or see other players responses, 
Go HERE


Bud stole a meme from Sleepy Rambles several years ago.  I checked the site out and found a lot more. (Someone complained it took a long time to answer these memes, so I only chose 15 questions this time!)

1. Have you ever eaten at restaurant and you realized you forgot your money?
No, because we usually are prepared but there is always a charge card.  If it's a place that doesn't take a charge card, then we might be washing their dishes!

2. True or false-you can pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time.
True.  It's taken years of strenuous practice but I can do it.

3.Do you prefer to drink out of cans or bottles?
I like bottles.  Actually, I like a glass but definitely a bottle is the next best glass thinga.


From this site, but I'd beware the Ad load you are stepping into.
Very fun!

4. Do your socks match today?
What socks?  I only wear socks in the winter, and so far, it looks like we might not even get a winter.  

5. What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
The last one I read was The Hidden Village, A Story of Survival in WW2 Holland by Imogen Mathews.  Though it chronicles the lives of many young people, kids really, it is so well written that any adult would like the cadences and word choices.  I would recommend it highly. 

6. Are you currently borrowing something from someone?
I have a book that belongs to Bee that I was supposed to send back when I finished it.  I'd better get that puppy in the mail!
From the onsizzle.com meme generator.  Ads.. be warned

7. Write an extremely random statement.
I'm so bushed sometimes that my up is down and my down is outside climbing the phone tree.

8. Are there any major holidays you don’t celebrate?
There are ones we don't go do anything for anymore, like the Fourth of July.  Neither of us can stand the fireworks show (old ears), and we cannot leave Wolfie alone because of all the "gunfire".  He would be a little pile of froth and fur by the time we got home again.

9. What is one thing you will never understand?
I just can't fathom how any Christians can be arrogant, discourteous, covetous or warlike.  It boggles my mind.  I know what's going on.  They are doing what I call, Forcing Armageddon, and you can really see it, of late, in full operation.  Sorry, you can make a lot of people miserable, but you can't force it, so stop already!

10. Have you ever stepped on a bee?
I've stepped on a bumblebee. Neither of us had any fun after that.
IMAGE from HERE

11. What helps you wake up in the morning?
I wake up on my own since I can no longer have coffee. 
Before that I used to have a nice, hot cup of black coffee to wake up fully.

12. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A Clif bar, a banana and a cup of Lady Grey.

13. What is your favorite thing in your room?
The color of the walls.  They are a deep, deep leaf green.  Gorgeous color! Not Hunter as I thought, but that would be a lovely color, too.

The one on the left.....

14. Who was your first kiss with?
Mr. Z. when I was 19 and he was 20.  
It was lots more fun than this...

15. Do you worry about small things?
No.  I have too many BIG, MONSTER things to worry about.  Why sweat the small stuff?

I came across this funny thing while finding stuff, and think it's hilarious!  And, it's sadly true.

Good Luck with that All you Cowboys out there.

12 comments:

  1. The Hidden Village sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up.
    I'm all for getting puppies instead of tax notices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think you'd like this book. I'm interested, always, on how war affects civilians.

      Delete
  2. You have so many answers I love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww well thank you Kwizgiver! I just thought it was time to for more fun in my life. And knitting!

      Delete
  3. PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES!!! YES PLEASE!!
    I am with you on no. 9 We have been watching Homeland ( every night because we are trying to catch up ) and it scares me, that our govt could possibly (actually) do the things they are d oing on the show.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The government is US, Mary. If we fail ourselves, then there is no fallback. We are in that sort of circumstance right now. Ike warned us. He did his level best to do so! and don't forget, there are really good people in Washington who are working hard to keep this thing together for the SumOfUs. They are all not snakes and they are all not from one party. It's just not so.

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely green! Darker than I think would have expected to work for walls, so I applaud you for successfully giving it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gal. It's been that color for years and years. If we ever repaint it will be as close to that color as possible. And I made curtains and drapes for it from sheets that were patterned like the trees of a forest with sun coming through the leaves. It's just like a lovely glade in there. It's the master bedroom. Grand sounding for a room that's no bigger than some modern bathrooms. lol

      Delete
  5. Totally get your comments on Armageddon. I have thought the same for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty plain what this whole self serving build up by the Christian Right has been, in reality, if it's looked at it correctly, I mean all the elements are there. These people are so transparent. Shame on them. Shame mostly goes to the big business churches and their preachers to get people through the doors.
      Some groups stayed true to the love preached by Christ himself, notable the Brethren and the Quakers, but look at the money and you know which ones did not.

      Delete
    2. To CountryDew. My answer sounds dismissive. I’m sorry. What I meant to say is that those who should pay attention are not. I know how cleareyed and amazing you are. Keep thinking and writing! This country needs you!

      Delete
  6. I love that Mr. Z was your first kiss :-))

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..