"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

M&M's singing a tribute to diversity? Saturday Nine

The Love Club (2013)
   
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Lorde has said this song is about a time when she fell into "a bad crowd." Her high-maintenance new friends were all about their romantic dramas and it overwhelmed her. Have you ever had a friend who was just too much work? 
No.  I may have been though.

2) She sings that she longs to be alone. Where do you go when you want peace and quiet?
I go inside my head.

3) Lorde credits her mother for encouraging her verbal skills. "Mum" let her join a theater class when she was just 5 and was always giving her books. Tell us about an encouraging, understanding adult who assisted you when you were growing up.
My Humanities Professor.  He was really a caring and supportive person.   Also, my first year Spanish teacher, in high school.  

4) Lorde is not the only celebrity from her class at Belmont School in Auckland, New Zealand. Olympian Eliza McCartney was a classmate who went on to win a bronze medal in Rio for the pole vault. Did you participate in any sports in high school?
I liked all sports.

6) Lorde wrote music for one of the Hunger Games soundtracks. Have you seen any of the Hunger Games movies, or read any of the books?
I never have read a book or seen a movie about Hunger Games.  They whole idea was abhorrent to me.  People have tried to convince me to watch them but I'm just not going to.

7) Her favorite candy is Peanut M&Ms. Do you prefer Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Almond, Mint or Cripsy M&Ms?

I don't know what the new ones even are.  But I do like regular (milk chocolate?) and peanut M&Ms. But this is the  very cool....

They support Red Nose Day!

.

8) When Lorde was on stage at Lollapalooza, a sudden storm interrupted her set. The music festival was evacuated and her performance was cancelled. Can you think of a time when the weather had a major impact on your plans?
The weather, no, but the roar of jet liners that came right over the stage at the Starlight Theater was interesting.  Everyone on the stage stopped singing and froze, the orchestra stopped, and the audience got really subdued.  Then, as soon as it was quiet again, the performers picked up right where they had left off.  Starlight Theater was open air, and just happened to be in the landing path of the jets at Lindbergh field.  The musicals would stop a few times before getting to the closing songs.  It was rather Fun! 

9) Random question: Please complete this sentence -- Before I leave the house, I always make sure I have my Meds, IDs, and Keys on me.  

Thanks Gal for this meme!



Everyone, please go HERE to join in the fun....

16 comments:

  1. I can't imagine you as a high-maintenance friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you don't know me... That's a song for another time, isn't it? lol
      Sometimes though, given that we went through the teen years, someone out there must have thought we were high maintenance. N'est pa? If I was, though, I no longer am...

      Delete
    2. Well....if we're going to go all the way back to our teen years, then yes, I'm sure we ALL had our high-maintenance moments!

      Delete
    3. Lol.. Oh ya.. it is the age of raging emotions, that one! Good point!

      Delete
  2. We're alike in a lot of ways, and perhaps being THAT friend (#1) is another. haha... Your Starlight Theater sounds fun! I also tend to go inside my head, in the shower, when going out isn't possible for me. My Spanish teacher was in my answers, as well. :) Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm sure that being beaten and abused and worse is going to figure in our high maintenance quota. I just read about your bruises! Gah! The shower is a good place to get away from it all. In California you have to learn to do that in three minutes or the water police will be on your case. Just kidding, but this next year we are going to have big water issues... Ah yes, we were lucky in our Spanish teachers. My second and third year teacher was TOL too. I'll love those three teachers 'til the day I die. Ciao baby! Or should that be Buenos Noches!

      Delete
  3. You and I are t he same on #9. I check for my keys, and then check again. And I check throughout the day to make sure I haven't lost my keys. (I take my keys very seriously.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we are the same....Since I was locked out a few times, I can understand the big deal about keys. We don't hide one outside anywhere so if that door slams behind you, you have to wait for the "Possé" to arrive!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That Starlight Theater must have made a very long concert. Did they get through a whole song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I remember, they got about half the songs in, whole. We went there for several seasons and it was such a lark. One of my friends was in the regular cast, and during "L'il Abner, he had to stand on one leg while a plane went over, and then start singing again after that. The Starlight is still going strong.
      Heres their html: http://starlighttheatre.org/st_show_page_1a.html

      Delete
  5. I can't believe that I forgot to say keys. I had a good humanities prof too. Maybe it's the subject that makes them so caring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on how traumatized you are over leaving the keys behind when that darn door closes!
      I think you are so right about the Humanities teachers. They have an ENORMOUS view of Life on Earth, so it does make them more caring. I'll never forget Mr. B. as long as I live. I ♥ him!

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen the Red Knows video--that was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute?! M&M wants everyone to know that they also are striving to be a green company, energy use-wise.

      I don't even eat the things but I'm impressed. Maybe I'll go buy a bag. Just kidding!

      Delete
  7. A little surprised we have the exact same answer - but then again, maybe not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do you mean to question 1? Mine comes from always feeling like I was not worthy of anyone's love. Well, except my mother's.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..