"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Love the one you're with...


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.
This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

Stars Ablaze

READERS:  If you want to play along, or see other entries, go HERE

Also, I'm glad to be back with my MEME friends.  I have missed you!  I will do these two, maybe three,  meme's until I Kick...

1 - Do you ever wish you were someone else?
I used to, before I met Mr. Z.  I wanted to be just about anywhere else but where I was.  
Later in life, around the campfire and in a discussion, I realized that if I'd gotten my wish, I would never have met him.  I was glad I had not got my wish.  Though there are a lot of things that I would have wished to have done better, and with more wisdom in our life together,  I'm very glad I was me.

2 - How old are you?
I'm seventy-five and a half... boy did I miss up that answer. πŸ™€

3 - Age you get mistaken for:
I've been told I look no more than 65.  IDK, Maybe it's my Mediterranean and Native American genes.  I FEEL like I'm a Hundred!  I try to remember what my Bro and friend, Jerry, used to say, "The first hundred years are the hardest."  Good Gad, they sure the h*ll are!

4 - Your zodiac/horoscope and if you think it fits your personality:
I do think it does, somewhat....I'm nestled right in the three hour cusp between two signs and so yes, there is a lot of me that shows up in those two- Capricorn and Sagittarius.  Do I think they fit me?  I was born in the Year of the Horse.  That actually fits my personality better.  Horses like me, .....usually. lol  Lord, I certainly LOVE them to PIECES!

5 - What did you do on your last birthday?
I didn't do a blog entry so I really had no idea.  Mr. Z reminded me.  We went to the local  Sammy's Wood-fired pizza sports' bar, and shared a couple of pizzas.  It was cool.  There was a college basketball game on the big screen.  I had a great time. 


6 - What is one thing you would like to accomplish before your next birthday?
I want to make at least two dozen pair of short fingered gloves for the patients at Dominican.  If they don't want them, I'll just go hand them out to the homeless shelter in Santa Cruz.

7 - What is your hair color?
I was born with black hair and my head still sprouts about 35% black and the rest is now silver.  

8 - Have you ever dyed your hair?
Once.  I was in my mid sixties.  I dyed it black.  It looked great, got a lot of compliments, but what a messy ordeal.  I've never done it again.

9 - What is your eye color?
Light Brownish...

10 - If you could change your eye color, would you?
I'd like dark brown eyes, black even.

11 - Do you wear contacts/glasses?
I have reading glasses and bi-focals for driving and distance.

12 - Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it:
It's old and broken, and I'm tired of it.  I'd like to be a jellyfish for awhile.  Something without any BONES! hehe

13 - Have you ever considered plastic surgery? What would you alter about your body?
No, I always looked pretty much ok, and never had an accident or deformity for which this surgery can work miracles.  I'm  person who would rather wade through the mud gathering clams or something than a Pretty Lady.  And, I never have wanted to go through any surgery that wasn't mandatory.

14 - Do you have any tattoos?
No.  I think they look pretty on other people sometimes but usually they are far too big.  I'd have gotten a petite butterfly on the ankle and that would have been enough for me.

15 - Do you have any piercings?
I can, and have, worn three pairs of stud earrings at the same time.

16 - Left or right handed?
I'm both.  But I draw and paint better with my left.  I'm a switch hitter in sports.  I can write with my right hand and my left.  My daughter was this way until she was about five.  You can bet I have a little dyslexia. lol   It comes with the territory.

17 - Do you drink?
I do have a drink now and again.  Birthdays, New Years' Eve... usually I don't drink at all.  

18 - Do you smoke?
No.

19 - Do you have any pets?
Yes, we have the lovely little Wolf, and also the five California Desert Tortoises.

20 - Do you have any “rules” about food?
I can't stand the smell of black eyed peas.  I just don't care WHAT they do to them, I can't eat them.  And, I don't like to have a raw banana with an egg dish together in a meal.  
Of course Banana Cream Pie and banana ice cream are not the same and I like those.  
The two things smell OK together then.  The egg custard that you have in those makes them nice.

Did I pass the sanity part of this test? 😳 I think I passed the Physical..... πŸ‘  πŸ˜‰

10 comments:

  1. Horses are so cool, aren't they? Noble and mysterious and just altogether fascinating. I wish I rode more. (Ever!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are totally cool. I wish I’d never quit riding. When PsychoDad didn’t let me keep Sunny, my big Paint gelding, I just curled up and quit.
      Soap box alert! Horses are completely amazing. They are so smart! Wrong headed Humans have just thought for too long that bullying big animals is the right way to get them to do what we want or need them to do. Finally this is changing.

      Delete
  2. Friends and I were recently talking about the whole "would you like to go back and do it again or be someone else" thing and most of us thought like you. We want to be us, we want the same life because it made us who we are...there are just a few little things that maybe we wish we'd handled differently. Another idea for the gloves...someone around here started putting hats and gloves they'd knitted in ziploc bags and leaving them around town with a note to take it if you needed it. I sort of want to stop dying my hair, but I'm sort of chicken about growing it out and my husband has actually said he'd rather I don't stop just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much, if you change one thing you change everything, but it is better to go back and erase unkindness, say, than to leave that wound there, yes?

      That’s sweet that someone is making hats and gloves and leaving them around town for others. A great idea. I’m making short fingered gloves and bed socks for cancer patients because other patients on Elle’s ward asked her about them and she said I made them for her. She asked me to make them some and to think of it as a dying wish. It helps me to do this, as my wise,sweet daughter knew it would.
      It’s so sweet that your hubster wants you to keep coloring your hair. Have a grand summer, and I hope you get a different job that you just LOVE!

      Delete
  3. I am like you with the drinking-although I did have a glass of wine last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drank more when I was younger, and we once had a monthly wine and cheese party with neighborhood friends as well. But now I can’t tolerate it very well, so a little tibble now and then is grand...very pleasant. πŸŽ‰

      Delete
  4. I feel about liver the way you feel about black eyed peas. I didn't realize dyslexia came with hand switching, but it does make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...the kids hated liver, except for my liver and onions. Now I bet I’ll probably hear that isn’t so, 😝
      My Dyslexia is very mild, but it’s there. Also, most left handlers usually learn to be a little ambidextrous over time just to live in a right handed world.

      Delete
  5. My husband loves banana pudding. I am not a fan of it. I used to eat a lot of bananas but after my gallbladder surgery I found I couldn't really tolerate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I see... I can still eat bananas but only like them fairly green. If they are freckled, I hate them.
      Plain Banana pudding I don’t like. I like banana cream pie. I like cooked puddings but not the instant stuff. Hmmm? Even more food rules are popping up out of my self examination. πŸ˜‚

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..