"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Why this? Because it's of vital importance.

A long excerpt from Dylan Stableford's article for the Yahoo News Page

"There is a time-honored tradition at the Department of Justice, at least since Watergate, that is nonpartisan," Yates said. "There is a wall between the Department of Justice and the White House when it comes to criminal investigations and prosecutions."
Trump has been hammering away at that wall so often and with such ferocity, she said, "nobody's rolling their eyes anymore."
"It used to be a big news story that would say, ‘In an unprecedented step, Trump said this,'" Yates explained. "Now it doesn't even make it through the full 24-hour news cycle because it happens so frequently."

Former acting Attorney General Sally Yates. (Photo: Steven Senne/AP)
Trump's caustic tweets aimed at Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and special counsel Robert Mueller are collectively "tearing down the legitimacy" of the Justice Department, Yates said.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., agreed:
"We see this constant onslaught on the rule of law," Klobuchar said.
Yet just as troubling, Klobuchar said, are Trump's attacks on a free press.
"You literally have a president in office that can tweet anything he wants every single morning but he doesn't respect the amendment that allows him to do it," Klobuchar said.*
But looking ahead to the 2018 midterm elections and beyond, Klobuchar said progressive candidates should not put their focus entirely on Trump.
"Progressives can do two things at once," she said. "We can, one, focus on the optimistic economic agenda and what needs to be done there and, secondly, protect our democracy."
Voters in Minnesota, Klobuchar said, "don't want to hear about Donald Trump every single minute."

* italics and underlining are mine.

One of the things that gave me hope, after The OWB was shoe horned into the oval office, was that the Justice Department still had enough of a separation from the Executive Branch to save us from Tyranny and Despotism.  Let's hope it will still be able to carry the day, when all is said and done.  

4 comments:

  1. I want to comment but I can't think of anything uplifting at the moment. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this feeling. I'm not going to pull punches: I think we are lost and there may be no way back. It's a long decline as a noose got tightened every time a certain set got hold of the oval office. It has lead to this disaster.

      For this reason, I'm going to be be closing my blog soon. And, I'll be focusing on what it takes to safeguard people whom I care about some of whom I may not necessarily have met in person. I will always consider you a friend.

      Delete
  2. I'm so done with all of this drama. I just want for people to get along again. Well, and to meet the great Zip in Santa Cruz one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I'd love to meet Harriet! I'll text y'all... or DM or whatever in the H that thing is. lol
      Yes, "Why can't we all just get along?" Famous words of an amazing man who survived a brutal beating......

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..