"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Sunday Stealing and Saturday 9: All in one this week

I had some sort of brain storm last night and thought it was Friday for part of the day, even THOUGH it was fairly obvious to me at other times of the day it was SATURDAY!  So now tomorrow is Sunday .....Oh Boy!


Shut up + Dance 


Saturday9 

(Want to play along?  Go here

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This is about a man who meets the woman who is his destiny on the dance floor. Do you think we each have One Great Love preordained by fate? Or do you think life offers each of us many opportunities for romance?
In my life I've had this experience.  And I think it truly was a star struck, kismet moment.  I've seen too much to think that this happens for most people, but I hope that it happens for your families, and yourself, if you haven't already met The One.

2) Lead singer Nick Petricca says this song is inspired by a true story. He was all keyed up and his girlfriend dragged him onto the dance floor, insisting that dancing would cheer him up. Therefore he considers this song an "anthem to letting go and having fun." Think of the last time you really had fun. Who were you with? What were you doing?
I try to be cheerful most of the time, and keep a sense of the fun when ever interacting with Life.  
I also try, more and more, to live in the moment and enlist in the fun others are having.  

But really, to be honest the last time I had real fun, with a sense of joy abounding, was a few years ago.  And I was with my hubby, and our girls and their mates, and we were eating out for one of their birthdays, and  later shared a cake that can only be bought at one stellar bakery in Santa Cruz. 

3) The dance floor incident that inspired this song took place in Echo Park, an LA neighborhood located near Elysian Park and Chinatown. Tell us about your village or city. Do the neighborhoods have interesting names?
La Jolla likes to call itself "The Village", and pretend it's not part of the City of San Diego, but it really is just another Neighborhood, along with Kensington, Hillcrest, North Park, Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, and Little Italy, to name a few.  There was a push on to call neighborhoods "Villages" but it didn't last.  Of all the neighborhoods, I like, personally, North Park the best.
  
4) Walk the Moon promoted this record by a performance on Good Morning America. Are you enthusiastic and energetic at 7:00 AM? Or do you hit your stride later in the day?
I"m not, and I do...

5) "Shut Up + Dance" is the biggest hit by Walk the Moon. The band members met as at Kenyon, Ohio's oldest private college. Tell us about something that's old and revered where you live. 
The Mission San Deigo de Alcala.


6) Walk the Moon took their name from the Police song, "Walking on the Moon." What's your favorite song by Sting and/or The Police?
This one:  



I love this song....  I've overcome so much in my life that it makes me feel good that there is someone watching my every move and every step.  The un-applicable words just float away.. But the core words stay with me and have from the time I was tiny....I had this sense of being watched over.

7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Robin Williams took his own life. What's your favorite Robin Williams performance? 

This is very hard to do because I really loved this actor and think he was a great loss.  But I understand, by watching my daughter struggle to live and my sister losing more and more to a grave illness, why he thought he couldn't live with that aggressive form of disease he had.  I think he was thinking of the people around him, I really do.

That being said, I think that "Dead Poet's Society" has to be one ... but there are lots and lots.  He was an EXTREMELY versatile actor. 

8) Also in 2014, the Apple Watch was introduced. Are you wearing a watch as you answer these 9 questions?
No
9) Random question -- You must create a coat of arms for yourself, representing your life and spirit. Which of these items would you place at the center: a heart, a sword, or a pen?
It would be a Heart. 

Here's a song, for, well, just because... I'm in a sort of mood this evening, Saturday, filling in Saturday9 a little late...



I love this song and this singer....



Sunday Stealing: Cricket's Drivel.

You can see the links to other Thieves HERE

Well,  a lot of this is a bunch of Drivel and whining but you should be used to that from me by now....


1. When was the last time you went to the doctor? Do you like your doctor?
I went to see my doctor for a follow up for an infection I had.  And yes, I like my doctor.  She's a very compassionate doctor, like the one I had for 20 years.  I see them as sisters in a Calling.   

2. My back is itching, will you scratch it for me?
Absolutely.  Love to.

3. Do you have nice handwriting?
It's still quite nice if I take my time.  A lot of the time I don't ....

4. We are sending you to either New Zealand or Canada, which one do you choose?
Canada, and do I have to come back?  Can I take my family with me?  Will you sell my house and all my belongs?  I want to live in British Columbia by the ocean... please... I want to visit my friend Pina and have a good chin wag.  

In the morning light I see I've misinterpreted this question.  Duh!  You meant vacation... New Zealand... It would be lovely.. and thank you!

5. Do you sing in the shower?
Used to, not any more.  I hardly sing at all.

6. Have you ever been streaking? If so, how far did you streak and did anyone see you?
No.  I missed out on most of the "fun" of the wild ones in the 60's. But I caught the Counter Culture Wave BIG time and most of my new relatives must have thought me weird; in fact I know they did.
I'm still counter culture.  I'll be that until the day I die.
coun·ter·cul·ture
ˈkoun(t)ərˌkəlCHər/
noun
noun: counter-culture
  1. a way of life and set of attitudes opposed to or at variance with the prevailing social norm.

    "the idealists of the 60s counterculture"
I'm one of those idealists of the 60's.  I think Mr. Z is too, but I'm not sure about that.... 😉
7. How soon is too soon for Christmas decorations and music playing in the stores?
I know they are in business and all, and that is the engine that drives EVERYTHING in this country but I don't shop for ANYTHING to do with Christmas until after Thanksgiving Day.

8. If you celebrated Halloween as a kid what was the costume you wore at 5?
I was in Ohio when I was five, with my mom, brother and grandparents.  If we did Halloween at all,  I don't remember what it was.  1947?  There was still food rationing time If I remember rightly. Sugar was still rationed.

9. How many cavities have you had in your life?
Far too many to remember.  

10.  Is there anyone you regret meeting.
Yes, there is one person that I regret meeting, and here is why:

She had an absolutely unruly and un-ridable horse, which only she and a few others could ride.  And that horse threw me, and it broke my back.  My then tiny daughters witnessed the accident. 
I, so that I didn't panic them,  got up, spit out the grit in my mouth, and walked slowly back to our house which was fairly close.  (At that time,we lived in a rural area.)  
The woman said that she had taken him for "a long ride and he should have been tired out!"  "And", she added, "he only bucked a little." 
Well, that horse was one that didn't give any warning before it just threw it's rider.  That's something I gleaned later. 

It took me years to finally SEE the damage done to my back, when the fabulous Scripps doctors took ex-rays.  It had cemented itself together quite nicely, though, as backs will sometimes do.  Yoga and Ballet classes helped it.  But, now, it's giving me hell again in my old age.
  
So.......if I hadn't met this woman, or the horse she cajoled me most vociferously into climbing up on, all that would never have happened.  I would be my full height and not be folding up like an accordion.

8 comments:

  1. I don't think that finding that absolutely perfect one happens much, either, in our world. I do believe God has someone intended for us, but it's up to us whether or not we wait for them or even recognize them for who they are. We are impatient people who want to rush things so miss out on the best things. I agree...I don't start celebrating Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Oh my, you've got some grit (and not just in your mouth) to get up and walk to the house after that toss from the horse! You had to be in a world of pain.

    Have beautiful week, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Later, as I looked back on the time Mr.Z and I met, I realized that the first yank on the string of destiny was when he was forced to drop out of school. He eventually found a job in my city. Had he been able to stay in school, or not married when he did, he would have been a soldier.
      This because his letter from the draft board was waiting for us when we came home from our short honeymoon with my family members in Arizona. Sounds dramatic, but it's the absolute truth. And, yes, it does seem like the Hand of Divine Intervention meets the Fickle Finger of Fate.
      About Holidays...Thanksgiving is my favorite, too. And I wish you a lovely week. Don't let anything get you down!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my gosh--the horse accident is awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a life changer for sure. I chose the horse owner as someone to eliminate because she could be eliminated from the Time/life line without, say, eliminating the dear people who were my own nuclear family. It's interesting how much you have to think about that Time Line stuff....

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a terrible accident. I am sorry you were injured and even more sorry it has followed you into your older years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew. ~♥~ It was quite terrifying.
      But they say that everything you have to live through gives it's lesson.
      I never knew that the yoga I did everyday (and then with "Lilias, Yoga and You" on PBS) gave/had given me terrific core strength, which was key to healing. Ballet is also a great thing to do. I'm going back to the gym in a few weeks to rebuild my core.
      Happily this injury didn't effect my pregnancy with twins two years later, though I did have to spend some days in bed.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you. That holiday stuff should come out after Thanksgiving and NOT when the back to school stuff in put on the shelves. Just read your S-9 and I must say, there she goes ... dangling that Santa Cruz stuff in my face again... :) One day Zip..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will like to tour that whole area. It's county and the other counties sit along the most beautiful part of the California Coastline.

      And yes, leave Christmas in July, which is for crafters, but please stop running over Thanksgiving with Your flack and Tanks and Artillery - Thank you very much!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..