"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Quoth the Raven, "Never more"... Sunday Stealing: Raven Claw Questions..

The Ask Game


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  

Cheers to all of us thieves!
Note:  If anyone reading would like to join in 
Go HERE

1. Do you have a passion project? What is it?
I'm not sure what that is.  And, it's too late to look it up.  If it's something like being the best that I can be, then No.  That particular ship has sailed, and long ago.
Oh wait!  My knitting is a passion project, but it's stalled.  I need to decide whether or not to get a thumb "back on line" with it's hand.

2. How many languages can you speak? 
Now? Only one.  English.... I can still read Spanish and French at maybe a Second Primer level, sometimes I can understand them when spoken, but I can't speak either of those two well at all.  

3. What was the last book you read?
Dead Mountain, by Donnie Eicher.

4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Australia, and the Islands of Tahiti and Samoa.

5. Top 5 fictional characters?
Say What?  I'm drawing a blank on this one.  

6. Something you miss from your childhood?
My Grandparents and their farm,  I loved being there, surrounded by all my Aunts and cousins.
I miss the farmland and the little creek, and just everything.  Mother was happiest there, too.

7. What skill do you wish you had?
I'd really like to be able to play a concertina.

8. Tell us an interesting fact
Do you mean one you haven't heard?  Well, that's not going to happen, considering our very special group.... 
How about a factoid?  White cats with blue eyes are sometimes deaf.  And if they have one blue and one green eye, they are also sometimes deaf in the ear opposite the blue eye.  I had a white cat named Thumper who was deaf.  I found him as a new born kitten, nearly dead from exposure, and I always thought is deafness was caused by it, along with his clomping walk.  This the name...

9. What was your favourite subject in school?
Geometry and I just wish more math would have been offered in High School.  It wasn't.

10. Favourite planet?
I like Saturn the best, and mostly because of the mythology surrounding it.  I like the Greek myths and the more modern myth that good people go to one side of Saturn, and the bad people go to the other side of it, an idea popularized by Edgar Cayce, a spiritualist and psychic from the early to mid 20th century.  His books were very interesting to read, especially for a very busy Mom with two toddlers.  I called them my "great escape".

11. Which historical figure fascinates you and why?
Tecumseh, the Native American political and military genius who together with his brother a medicine man, built an alliance of tribes to keep their lands out of the hands of the white man.  

12. Favourite mythical creature?
I'll pick the Mermaid.

13. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
Not that I'm aware of. Well there is one.  Microsoft wants to run our lives.

14. What is your favourite word?
Usually I pick the word *Slice*.. as in a slice of cake or a slice of pie.  *dreams of cream pies*

15. Do you have any obsessions right now?
Right now, I'm a little obsessed with the length of this meme.

16. Do you play any instruments?
I've tried my hand on Guitar, Banjo and ukulele.  And also the Recorder.  The Guitar is the only one that I actually mastered.  

17. What’s your worst habit?
Answering memes when I should be reading in bed.

18. Do you have a collection of anything?
I collect several things but anythings isn't one of them.

19. What’s your biggest ‘what if’?
What if John Kennedy had lived and brought the troops home from Vietnam like he was planning to do?  

20. What is your favourite fairy tale?
The one where Humpty Dumpty falls off a wall.  Oh wait, that's a nursery rhyme.  Hmmm
I reckon I have no favorite fairy tale.  But I do really like "Princess Bride."  
A lot of fairy tales are being told in Washington, but do they have the lasting power of Grimm?  Well, there is one about how Climate Change isn't real, but even the little kids know that's a lie.

21. Have you ever dyed your hair? Is there a colour you’d like to dye it?
Yes, once and I dyed it Scottish Black.  It was pretty but I didn't want to go through the hassle after that one time, so it died a quick death.  Now I am very "MEH" about it all.  

22. If you could learn one language overnight, which would you choose?
Latin!  Or maybe Mandarin Chinese.  I'm torn.  *gets all itchy* 

23. What’s the most useless thing you know how to do?
I can kill a chicken with an hatchet, and so that it feels no pain or terror.  But I'll never EVER have to do it again.  Thank you, Jesus!

24. What’s the most important change that should be made to your country’s education system?
Make colleges and Trade Schools free for all students.  Let's give all American kids a real future!  This is a copy cat rider on one of Country Dew's suggestions, I think it was Country Dew but it may have been Bev.  
Anyway, I think that it is a rather dark side of all this, but it would be unpatriotic to say so.... People who know how things were, say, before Vietnam, will know that I mean.  

6 comments:

  1. I also wonder how different the country would have been and could still be if JFK were to have lived. I would love to see what it would have been like. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a happy day, and week. Sunday Stealing is a lot of fun.
      About the murder of Kennedy: I think it's been pretty much down hill from there, sad to say. We lost our democracy earlier than that but it just accelerated the downward spiral into tyranny. If someone can get away with murdering a U.S. president in broad daylight, they can get away with just about anything.

      Delete
  2. The fairy tales in Wasington are DEFINITELY Grimm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so they are, very Grimm! I loved your answers, too. Just posted too soon. Betty White is very inspirational.

      Delete
  3. Years ago I was driving the school bus on a back road and came up on a man throwing kittens out the window of his car. He took off when he saw the bus and I (shh, don't tell on me) allowed a high school girl to step off the bus and move three little white kittens off the road and into the grass. I couldn't take them with us as I'd have been fired, but I went back as soon as I got off work and they were still there. I brought the poor, frightened, hissing things home. Two were females with blue eyes and the third was a male with one blue eye and one green eye. We found homes for the females and kept the male. He was such a sweetheart and completely deaf. He liked to visit the neighbors, though, and one day he didn't come home. We drove around and didn't find him hit by a car or anything so I've always suspected that someone decided to take him and keep him as their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, many kittens get this fate, to be tossed along roadways sometimes in a box and sometimes not. Puppies, too. You showed a very kind heart to take them in and find them all homes. They were probably all deaf or sometimes they are blind, as both disabilities can be present with blue eyed white cats. I have three cats in my memory banks that I still mourn the loss of, as in "disappeared". It's something you don't forget. Hope you have a good week at the Nursing Home, taking care of old people like me. ;o) May they all be kind and fun to be around.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..