"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Sunday Stealing.. Looking back at things...

FIRSTS


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

And away we go.. 
These are several questions stolen from Durward Discussion:  a trip through time.


1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
When I look in a mirror, any day, I check to see if my hair is a fright wig that day. 

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?  I went to a cabin on the shores of Lake Erie with my mother, grandparents, aunts and cousins.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?  Cheddar cheese

4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date.   Last first date?  I'm not decoding this very well.  

5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?
I'd go to the center of our own Galaxy.  Going anywhere else might be problematic, considering the speed at which light travels and the vast distance to anywhere else.

6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?  Lock the car up.

7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?  I really can't remember the first thing.  It was over 53 years ago.

8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?  Last  thing About  my first love?  I've had a simple and uncomplicated Love life, and I'm still with my first love.  I really don't know how to answer this.  

9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?  Light, of course.  Even scientists tell about the creation of light being first out of the void that was nothing.  The Big Bang?  I'm sure everyone has heard of that.

10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list?
The group Boyce Avenue.  Their version of "Landslide" 



11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again?
My little red clutch purse was stolen when I was about 27.

12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?  Jackie Kennedy.  Always and ever.  

13. Post a link to your first blog post.   May 2004

14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?  Oh you do NOT want to hear about that ALL over again.  No no no... 

15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?  Yes, pretty much.... first down is the first attempt to run the ball 10 yards on a new play either at the beginning of a quarter or after a touchdown, or a field goal.  There are four downs to move the ball 10 yards.  By down is meant that  it's the ball on the ground in front of the center.  I used to love football.  Then I heard a story about some visiting Russian Athletes and what they thought of American Football.  "All stand up, All fall down".   I thought, "that's pretty much what it is." 

8 comments:

  1. In my city, The Big Bang is an hour-long fireworks extravaganza on the Third Of July.

    I am still waiting on the human interest story in the local newspaper about schoolchildren have difficulty understanding what fireworks has to do with creation.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd thing about this Big Bang. It's exactly what the Hindu religion teaches as well. I think it's amazing!

      Having thought you were in London for all this time, I am having trouble placing the third of July celebration. But, Big BANG seems to fit anything with an hour's worth of Fireworks! I'll go look it up!

      Delete
  2. Love that version of Landslide!

    Happy Sunday, Zip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one well, IS the first thing I bought to go on my Ipod Nano, back in the day. It's really beautiful and glad you like it, too. Have a happy week, Stacy.

      Delete
  3. Look at you, knowing your football!

    I need to buy some cheddar cheese. Grated. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousins and Uncles taught me some of the finer points of football. And there was a certain Redheaded fella whom I adored on the high school team. He was a line backer so I always kept track of the plays.
      Glad to remind you about the Cheddar Cheese! Yummy stuff!

      Delete
  4. Bahahahaha, "all stand up, all fall down". LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! Me too. I thought it was perfect description of that happened. Have a great week, Me!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..