"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, November 15, 2019

Saturday 9: Judy, Judy Judy!

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Judy at Carnegie Hall (1961)


 

We're spotlighting this legendary concert because  Bev from Sunday Stealing loves Judy Garland. This week's Saturday 9 is a "thank you," one meme-mistress to another, in gratitude for Bev's willingness to pick up Bud's meme and keep it going.


Song #1: "When You're Smiling." What made you smile this week?   

Mostly it was my little gang of Monster killers in our on line game.

Song #2: "Almost Like Being in Love." We've all had many crushes, but love is rare. How many times have you fallen in love?
T'was Once Upon a Time.. T'was in Days of Yore... (the 1960's) We danced and talked the whole evening.  Then a Troll knocked on the host's door and broke the spell.  But, the Princess was able to escape the Troll not more than two months later, and she and her Knight in Shining Armor lived happily ever after.  The End.  I'm sure the Fairy Godmother was well pleased. 

 
Song #3: "This Can't Be Love." This Rodgers and Hart song was introduced in the play, The Boys from Syracuse. Syracuse is the county seat of Onondaga County, NY. What county do you hail from?
Well, Los Angeles if you don't count in the nasty Nazi named Hitler who called my paternal unit far, far away, never to be seen again... I wish!  😒  Mother's parents asked her to come home to have the beb
é at their house.  Not liking her father's snobby sisters all that much, Mother complied.  We all came back to California two years later, when a German bomb blew Psycho dad's unit up and he came home for re-hab. 
 
Song #4: "Do It Again." What's something you'd do again, if only you had the time or money? (A book you'd like to reread, a recipe or pattern you'd like to make again, a vacation destination you'd like to revisit, etc.)
I would like to go back to Colorado.  Take a raft trip down the rapids of the Arkansas River.  I'd also like to sew up clothes for me, and especially some marvelous Moroccan style caftans like I made for my sister and myself back in the day. 


Song #5: "You Go to My Head." Judy forgets the lyrics, but gamely keeps going. Tell us about a recent moment when you chose to keep going, no matter what.
When I was waiting for the emergency doctors to re-set my shoulder.  I told myself I'd been through LOTS worse than this in life and could just keep putting one foot in front of the other and walk right on out of this thing.

 
Song #6: "Alone Together." Is anyone there with you as you answer these questions, or are you alone?
My hubby and our little sidekick Wolfie, just back from the late night walkies.

Song #7: "Who Cares?" This song was written by brothers George and Ira Gershwin. They had a lesser known brother, stockbroker Arthur. Are you more creative and artistic, like George and Ira? Or more analytical and methodical, like Arthur?
I'm a methodical, analytical Artist.  I could have been a draftsman like my brother but wanted to take a four year degree in field Geology to work in the field.  This was back in the 60's when a Bachelor's Degree actually meant something.

 
Song #8: "Puttin' on the Ritz." Judy sings that The Ritz is the place in New York "where fashion sits." If we wanted to see everyone "all gussied up" in your town, where would we go?
Every once in awhile, I think about going to an Opera.  We do have a fine Opera season in San Diego, or at least we did have.  Who knows what's been going on lately. lol

 
Song #9: "How Long Has This Been Going On?" Judy sings about discovering how glorious romance can be. Have you made any new discoveries lately? It doesn't have to be as groundbreaking as Judy's. A new podcast or a faster route to work counts, too.
I have been reading a lot of EYE opening Shlock about the under the radar stuff that has gotten us where we are today as a country.  Not Nice!  Both sides of the Aisle are complicit.

 
If you're wondering why there are no Garland hits here ... these are her first numbers in the order that she performed them. She saved her better-known songs for the end of concert. Who am I to second guess Judy?




Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

❤️❤️❤️Gal, that was so sweet a shout out to our hard working Bev, who was ill treated by a Space Cadet, Playing  "Queen of the Night".

And Just a little late for Halloween, wouldn't you say?



12 comments:

  1. I hate bullies, and Mlle. Wednesday Medley is a bully. (Making demands? Calling the police on Bev? Outing Kwizgiver? FIE!)

    Your return trip to Colorado sounds like it would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are Right! She was! I hate bullies, too!

      The trip down the rapids was so exciting! It's not a long one, like some of the raft trips down the Colorado, where you stay in the canyon, but it was incredible!

      Delete
  2. I would also like to raft trip down the rapids of the Arkansas River. We have a river here in CT that you can float down in an inner tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floating a river sounds like fun, too. Hope you get to go to Colorado.
      If you go on the Arkansas River, you will be fitted out with a whole body wet suit, otherwise that freezing water would get you. lol

      Delete
  3. Your raft trip down the Arkansas River sounds like so much fun! I would be happy to go to Colorado and just see the mountains. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorado is an amazing state, and one of only three other states that beckons me to come live. I hope you get to see Colorado. Mt. Evens in the Rockies is so high that I actually got some altitude sickness when I was there.

      Delete
  4. I think I would enjoy getting gussied up for the opera. It sounds so formal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely time in life. I liked getting on my little black dress.
      We had seasons' tickets for the Opera and the Symphony but the Opera was top drawer.

      Delete
  5. I think these days not even for the opera do people get gussied up. Some do, many don't. It's not quite the high-=falutin' event that it used to be, even in San Francisco.

    Thanks for all the nice words. You guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about dressing up for the opera or symphony being different now. Maybe it still is a big deal in New York or Milan but not most other places. Philadelphia does, I reckon.

      We all love you, and an attack on you is an attack on us. Man the torpedoes!

      Delete
  6. I am glad your fairy tale had a happily ever after ending. :)
    Ah, the things that go on in Washington. What a tangled mess we weave...when the public we practice to deceive. I don't think either party remembers why they are there. It seems all that matters is whether their particular party "wins" or not. I've had enough of them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy. 🙏🏼
      About Politics.. nothing has ever been as bad as it is now. This is the fault of only one party. There’s just never been a criminality to be found at this level. I’m staying in until the bitter end of this one. I’ve got “skin in this game”, I.e. my children and all the children in the world. Sorry to say, this guy is an abomination.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..