"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Some Great News for Joshua Tree, and 12 OTHER rather random thoughts

Thursday Thirteen


1. After the trashing and destruction of Joshua Tree National Monument within the last two years, there is good news, at last, for Joshua Tree, as another big threat was Quashed!

Read about it HERE   I'm so thrilled that I wish I was able to dance in the kitchen.  (it is verboten...) 

2. I am healing up fairly well but have no stamina.  It's time to put on the gym shoes.

3. The left-over Halloween candy has almost all been eaten.

4. The big ferns are both officially dead.  I wasn't able to go out and tend to them.  I will miss their beauty.

5. Tomorrow I go to check in with PT.  My arm is about as useful as it was before the accident, so it's back to square one without the benefit of a corrective surgery.  This goes into the "Oh Well" Basket.
And now for something completely different:



6. It's still too hot in California.

7. I wish I had a swimming pool, but I might join the Y.

8. I've been reading a tremendous book, by Bill Lascher about Mel Jacoby. It's called, Eve of a Hundred Midnights.



9.  We have two field mice in our garden, they live under the water butt.  They are mother and child.  They are so tiny and sweet.  They dash out for seeds and are not afraid of even the doves.  It does my heart good to see them as the last mouse I saw was a  tiny, sick little starveling who wobbled out of the grass to me into my hand for some food.  I set him back down and turned around to fetch more food and a Scrub Jay who had been watching swooped in and proceeded to grab him and pummel him to death on a rock.  Grrrrr!

10. Wolfie still enjoys slow walks but he sleeps almost all the time otherwise.  We reckon that he's a grand old man at 87, give or take a year.  We've had him 11 years and the pound vets guessed his age was 5. I can't imagine life without him but of course I must.  He's been a wonderful little friend.

11.  I'm back to sewing together the clothes I ripped open for the operation recovery time.  They did come in handy after I broke my shoulder and elbow and dislocated the shoulder.  Fun. 

12.  I have discovered Kirkland Protein Bars, at Costco!  Smashingly good!  It's been hard to limit myself to only one a day!

13.  We have a brand new baby tortoise.  His name is Houdini because he managed to escape a box the he should never have been able to get out of.  Here he is:  He's tiny! And he bites. lol  Sooo scary!


4 comments:

  1. Hey Zippi! This is a great Thursday 13. I am so glad to hear you're doing better and healing up. And what a cute tiny little turtle. I love it. Sad story about the mouse - Mother Nature is not always what we would consider kind, I'm afraid. Thank you for joining in with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, thanks ... I'll keep trying to get 13 things up on Thursday then, CountryDew. And thanks for the good wishes for me being better. I could feel them floating in!
      Yah, that little mouse was just about the end of my love of Blue Jays. I'm glad they moved on to who-knows-where to raise their babies. The mockingbirds who replaced that nesting pair are not QUITE as bad, but I'm also careful not to let any bird spy my little mouse feedings now. Sparrows may be spies, too!

      Delete
  2. I adore the three quotes at the top! I remember the Character in "Milagro" who was forever dying and his relations were summoned so many times that they stopped paying any attention. :-D

    And Kilgore Trout...I love Vonnegut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Fireblossom. Lol... Happily, that bit was only in the book and didn't make it to the movie. In the film, Amarante was sort of a catalyst character. He got things moving... Big Time!
      Vonnegut was an amazing writer. I still re-read his stuff just for the pleasure of it.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..