"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Sunday Stealing:

Sunday Stealing

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!




 Stolen from Angie Cruise

Gratitude

1. A person I’m glad to have in my life.
My husband.  I would find it difficult to not have him in my life.  
But this is also going out to my daughters, and I'm so glad to have them in my life.

2. Something I find comfort in.
My Quaker faith.  I find comfort in it's simplicity and it's purity of purpose and unfailing devotion to the ways of Christ and to duty to my fellow human beings.

3. My favorite part of the morning
Waking up and opening the window to listen to the birds singing in the cape honeysuckle bushes.

4. My favorite memory
When I fell in love with my tiny daughter Laura.  I wish I could have been a flawless mother, because they all deserved that.  

5. An accomplishment I’m proud of
Raising four absolutely Color Blind Daughters... 

6. An opportunity I’m grateful for
I'm grateful that I was born here, in the US,  and that I've lived most of my life (except two war years) in California.  I can't imagine living anywhere else,  and am grateful that I've never had to leave the west coast.

7. My favorite song (and why)
I love Hallelujah song by K.D. Lang.  But I'm not sure if it's my favorite.  I love so many songs by her.  I've put it up in the post below...

8. A future event I’m excited about.
Well, it goes without saying that I hope I can wake up and this nightmare will be gone.

9. My favorite area in my home.
I love the Great Room though it could use a good clearing out!  I need to sell off equipment and stuff and make that room back into it's former beautiful self. 

10. Something beautiful I saw today.
Sorry, I guess it could be that the sky is blue again.

11. My guilty pleasure.
I've developed the habit of staying in bed until noon and doing the crosswords and reading and drinking my tea while the birds sing outside for their breakfast to arrive.

12. Something I love about a family member
Their joy in being alive and their kindness to everyone they meet.

13. A compliment that made me feel good
That "someone" dear to me said that they were glad to have met me. Totally cool!๐Ÿ’• 

14. The item I treasure the most.
My mother's sunglasses and Gloves from when she settled in Hollywood.

15. My favorite part about nature
It's untrammeled Beauty

16. A book I loved reading
Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad

17. A freedom I’m grateful for
I'm grateful that we can march and show our displeasure over events without some death squad showing up and arresting us.  

18. My favorite part of the evening.
I like to watch it get dark.. dusk I guess...

19. One good thing that happened today.
Wolfie ate all his breakfast!

20. How I show gratitude for my friends.
By loving them and listening to them.  And sometimes a little party but that's pretty much over.  I want to be sure to have at least a few tea, cake, and knit parties when this is over!

18 comments:

  1. #17 -- you sure of that? These days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tongue in cheek, Bev. Tongue ๐Ÿ‘… in cheek. ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Your "guilty pleasure" sounds delightful. I really appreciate how your view of Christianity includes serving your fellow man. So much of what is expressed as "Christian" online is all about judgement and punishment. It's refreshing to see it described in terms of love and service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gal, it is delightful. It is lovely to have this gentle time of day after all the turmoil recently.
      And I hear you about the far right wing of Christianity. Do they really want fire and brimstone? Haven’t we all had enough of that? I’ll follow in the footsteps of my big Brother thank you.. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ❤️

      Delete
  3. I have been in California all my life too. I am from So Ca. and I was up in Cambria this past week. So sad with fires all over but it was nice up there and way cooler than here! I am a Christian and I believe in what Jesus taught about loving one another and being kind and helping the poor. I will be glad when this election is over but I am not sure we will have real peace for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan. I got a little behind in this!
      Cambria is gorgeous especially after the summer heat is over. We have gone through it many times, stopping to have a little look around or a stop overnight, or a meal along the coast.
      Ah, the fires: We read this morning that there are 19000 firefighters fighting the active fires today. I'm not sure if that is for the whole west coast or just for California.
      Like you, I'll be so glad when this mess is over and we don't end up as a banana republic or worse. I don't think we will have peace until the civil rights issue is equitably settled. Again, like you, I believe in Christ's call to love and to service, and that includes shouting the house down if someone's rights are getting trampled.

      Delete
  4. Zippi, I never knew you were a Quaker - wow. I've a lot of time for the Quakers. I hope America's collective nightmare will be over soon. It's hard watching it happen from over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pandora! Yes, I am a Quaker by conviction, since about 17 years old when I went to high school with an impressive group of them. Quaker by Conviction means not a birthright Quaker. And thanks for recognizing our "collective nightmare". In my view this guy is evil. I'm truly shocked that other Christians can't see it! God does not move in ways THIS mysterious!

      Delete
  5. I like "Constant Craving" by KD Lang. A great tune.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so love KD Lang. She has a phenomenal Voice! Thanks for the look in. Stay safe!

      Delete
  6. I love listening to the birds sing. Wonderful. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. KD Lang has such a magnificent voice. She's one of my favorites for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love KD Lang. If I'm feeling down and beaten, I can listen to her voice and be uplifted.

      Delete
  8. KD Lang is a great singer. She had the pipes, for sure! I love her version of Hallelujah too. I did a version of it on my blog some time back. I know I am not any KD Lang, though. I think your morning routine sounds blissful. I wish I could do that and not feel guilt about getting up and cleaning or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did just fine in your video!
      My voice is gone with the Mighty Winds of Time, but I sing anyway. We all should and there's nothing wrong with yours. She's Canadian. Oh those Canadians!
      My morning routine is of a necessity. But when cool weather comes, I'll be up and out in the garden, clearing away all the dead plants and making plans. I don't have to cook anymore but I do the cleaning. Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  9. I loved all your answers and learned a lot about you.
    Quakers are near and dear to my heart. My best friend's husband was a Quaker preacher for many years. I love the "waiting" portion in the services. They are fierce believers in peace activism and social justice.

    KD Lang is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi. I've learned to open up and "let it all hang out."
      I love our Quaker Sunday Meeting. I haven't been for a long spate of years because the meeting is about 30 miles away, but I still do an hour of quiet listening when they are in the meeting house. And I still fight the good fight. So many clichรฉs! lol
      And OH YES! Peace Activism got two of my friends arrested, and they spent some time in prison because they would not go into the military in the Vietnam War years. The other two were females.
      And Social Justice is something that stays with us forever. Mainly because of the nature of power seeking human "Missiles", not a lot of headway is ever made.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..