"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Because I am an ardent Birder: This.....

 

A Trio of Trumpeter Swans.  No copyright infringement intended.

From an Article at Reuters.  HERE's The LINK to Article on Reuters News Page

Analysis: After pardoning turkey, Trump moves ahead with lifting bird protections
By Dino Grandoni

A few days after pardoning a turkey for Thanksgiving, Trump is moving forward with giving a reprieve to oil producers, electric utilities and other companies that accidentally kill birds.

Trump officials took another step toward easing fines for “incidental” death or harm to birds under regulations set by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

While few were paying attention the Friday after Thanksgiving, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service published an analysis saying the change “would not cause unacceptable environmental harm.”

Trimming the wings of the 102-year-old law is just one of several regulatory actions the administration is aiming to accomplish before its exit. The Trump administration is expected to finalize easing fines before Jan. 20.

3 comments:

  1. He's a grinch! Hopefully most corporations realize that it's risky to take bad advice from a lame duck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeheehee That he IS Linda. With BELLS on! Thank you for cheering me UP! He has an awful lot of followers though and an almost $160 million war chest. This makes me feel sad for his followers because he really has NO REGARD for anyone outside of his Immediate family, and has proved that over and over. He's just a USER!

      Delete
  2. I read about that, and it made me angry. I will be so glad when he is out of office.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..