"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, January 15, 2021

Saturday 9: Thank U, Next (2018)


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Ariana Grande thanks her former boyfriends for what they taught her about love, life, patience and pain. Do you believe you have learned more from your successes, or your mistakes? 

Since I am one of those rare people who nver makes misteaks, I'd say it was from my successes that I learnd my self conficince and paniche..

2) One of the young men mentioned in the song is Pete Davidson, a cast member of Saturday Night Live. SNL has been on for more than 45 years now. Who is your all-time favorite cast member?
Since I never watch SNL, sad to say, I have no favorites.  I just remember the wicked Donald Trump that Alec Baldwin created.  And some of Gilda Radner's skits that hit the big time.

3) Thinking of funny people ... As you can see from the video, Ariana performed "Thank U, Next" on Ellen Degeneres' talk show. Ellen makes people laugh every afternoon. Who in your life can you always count on to make you laugh or smile?  The  totally ironic and sarcastic joking of my daughters and hubby.  Baby goat videos on the web, and lets see... 🤔Political Cartoons?

4) It looks like Ariana Grande's personal romantic saga will have a happy ending because at Christmastime, she announced her engagement. Do you know anyone who is getting married in 2021?
Nope. 

 5) Ariana loves Harry Potter and named her dogs Snape, Lily and Sirius Black after characters in the J.K. Rowling books. Are you a Harry Potter fan? No, I am a fan of Gandolf, Striker, and Legolas.

6) She loves board games, especially Monopoly. Sam isn't crazy about Monopoly because it takes so long. How about you? Are you a Monopoly fan?  I used to love to play it with my sister in law who would always upset the board by accident when she was going broke.  Or so the story goes.  I think she was set up.  She's a real light in my life that one.
 
7) In 2018, the year this song was released, Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. Who received the last toy you purchased? What was it?  Since we haven't had kidlets in the family for a long time, I cannot remember the last toy we bought for anyone. 

8) Also in 2018, Aretha Franklin died. What's your favorite Aretha song?  "R.E.S.P.E.C.T."



9) Random question: Are you more likely to shed a tear at a wedding or during a movie? 

To be honest, it would the movies. 

However....... Weddings are usually something for happiness and that doesn't make me cry. Now if the bride and bridesmaids came up the aisle break dancing, I think I would cry with laughter.  So cool!  When I saw this for the first time, I brought tears to my eyes.  So much fun! Beautifully done. 

 


Don't they all look cool in their Shades? 

16 comments:

  1. Oh! The pressure on those bridesmaids! It's not enough that they have to be thin to look good in their dresses. They have to be able to bust a move in those shoes! Still, it looks like they were having the time of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They all did an awesome job with that. No one flubbed a move! That was uploaded 11 years ago, or some insane time or other and it's still so very popular. I think they were having the time of their lives. Too bad that Life can't always be this much fun. Have a grand and restful Sunday. Get completely well, soon!

      Delete
  2. I love me some baby goats! We had a pet goat when the kids were young. Best pet ever! Your story about playing Monopoly with your sister-in-law had me chuckling. My grandfather's two aunts liked to play Parchesi (sp?). They were quite serious about it and even played for money. One of them gave me the game as a child and taught me to play, but why I'm laughing is that they always played on the end of the ironing board for some reason. I think it was because, as the story goes, every time Aunt Maude was losing she managed to "accidentally" flip the board onto the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just needed another e, according to spell check. (I couldn't spell it either. ;-)
      What a great family story to be able to pass along to the next generations! Next move when losing: *Flip the game off the end of the ironing board*. A classic Parcheesi move. lol

      Aren't Baby goats the cutest things. Kids are called kids because of baby goats being as joyful as human toddlers. I want a mini goat but I'd have to have two in order to have one. They are allowable here, and so are five hens, but the mini goats get depressed if they are the only goat in the yard. Cute, No? Have a great week, Stacy.

      Delete
  3. I have a wickedly sarcastic hubs too....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. My daughters also have an ironic and sometimes sarcastic wit as well. We have a lot of fun the last four years. ;o)
      Have a lovely Sunday. or not. heeheehee

      Delete
  4. I am also not a fan of SNL, it is too late for me. I'm lucky if I make it past 10 (here in the east it is on at 11:30).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, indeed, for night owls. And though I've turned into a night owl, if I watched SNL I'd be chuckling and snorting all night instead of getting my normal 4 hours. lol

      Delete
  5. I love Respect so much! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the most iconic songs for the woman's movement for equality. Thanks for reading my blog, Lori. Hope you have a lovely Sunday. And a great week!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you.. I had seen it several years ago, and the question about crying at weddings reminded me of it. Glad you liked it. I'm going back and watching/listening again now. heeheehee..

      Delete
  7. Gilda Radner was a favorite of mine on SNL, too. I loved that wedding video--that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kwizgiver. It's just such a happy thing!
      Gilda is on her way to Immortality. She was here far too short a time.
      Now, it's time I was, "Back to my knitting". heehee Oh Snap! Sunday Stealing! More fun!

      Delete
  8. I have always liked that bridesmaids video. And I'm a fan of LotR, too, but still enjoyed Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you, Harry Potter, the movies, helped me build a better idea of the world in the books. Legolas is still my first love, though. heehee I just adore Archers! And Elves!

    That Wedding Video is a classic. I hope they never take it down.
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday, doing your favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..