"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, October 22, 2021

Saturday 9: Bang! (2020)

 

 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

 Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it Here

1) This song is about a young man who is living on his own and doing adult things, like getting his own apartment, eating better and doing his own taxes, but he doesn't yet feel grown up. Do you remember when you felt like a grown up?  

In truth, I never felt much like a little child. My Uncle, newly from Colorado with his young family, asked me if I ever acted like a kid.  It was a shock because I had no idea what it was to be a kid. 

Except at the rare times when my little brother and I were away on our bikes, I was never free from having to take care of cleaning the house and taking care of my younger siblings, or the farm animals.

I grew up pretty fast and had been taking care of myself and my two little brothers, and our little sister, from the time we were all walking. I thought it was normal for the eldest to have this weight on their shoulders.    

2) He mentions not being sure of his login password. Is this something you struggle with? Or are you able to zip into your accounts?  1. Nope, and 2. I can zip

3) Both the video and CD cover show the band playing games of chance. What's the last game that you played?  I played free cell on my iPad this AM. I also play in a guild of an MMORPG.  

It's so much fun it should be illegal. 

OMG!  I'm Losing my hair!

I'm having a such a happy childhood in my senility. 

 The above is a postcard I made for a group I was once in.

4) This week's featured band, AJR, is named for the three brothers who make up the trio -- Adam, Jack and Ryan Met. Until recently, all three brothers lived at home and wrote songs together in the Met family living room. Do you have siblings? If so, what's something you enjoy doing together?  My sibs and I are too old and too far apart to do anything together anymore.  When covid is over -if THAT ever happens, we will go see them.
 
5) The oldest Met brother, Adam, now lives with his girlfriend in an apartment near Columbia University, where he is a PhD candidate. During the school year, he only works on his music on weekends. Next summer, in 2022, he should be done with his studies and plans on touring the country with the band. Some tour dates are already scheduled. If possible, do you like to make plans far in advance? Or do you prefer spontaneity? I don't make many plans now, I just wake up and figure out how to get things ready to send to Goodwill. It's pretty DullzVille here...  lol

6) Jack and Ryan also attend Columbia and share an apartment with their dog. They like to unwind on Fridays, after a week of classes, with a game of air hockey, followed by sushi or sashimi at their favorite Japanese restaurant. What did you do on Friday night? We usually watch a movie on streaming, so we did that. And we held our little doggie, Wolfie, who is now blind and also completely deaf. He loves his cuddles and thank you, God, 🙏 that we have plenty of time to do this for him.
 
7) In 2020, the year this song was popular, the most streamed TV show was The Office. The show went off the air in 2013, but during the pandemic and quarantine, it found a new audience. What series have you binged on recently?  We watched Utred, Son of Utred beat the Holy living snot out of the Danes. I wish there were more of it to watch, but Alas.


8) According to Amazon, the best-selling novel of 2020 was Where the Crawdads Sing. Is there a novel you'd like to recommend to Sat 9ers?  Yes, and you can get most of them from the library.  Anything by Joseph Conrad, or Willa Cather.  I'm re-reading them. Excellent writing!  I pitched some Cozy Mysteries as inane, and I'm now reading a new-to-me author, who can turn a phrase beautifully. 

9) Random question: Your local drug store has self-check out. You confess to your best friend that you absent-mindedly missed scanning an item, walked out of the store with it, set off security and were caught unintentionally shoplifting. The store manager believed you so there were no repercussions, but you were mortified nevertheless. Would you expect your best friend to share your embarrassing story with his/her spouse?   I would expect my best friend to talk to her husband about it.  And.....
There was no harm so no foul, so to speak. It's pretty common I'd bet! I always get a basket so that I don't do it (again) myself!
 
Readers, if you want to see other responses from the Saturday 9ers, go Here  It's a lot of fun so feel free to join in yourself.
 
Thanks Sam!
 

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 

 

19 comments:

  1. I rarely go through the self-check out at the store, because I"m afraid I'll do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to do! I was watching a show where a little old lady with dementia was thrown to the ground and zip tied by a couple of
      Brutus-like Cops, because she walked out of the store with a lipstick and something else in her hands. GAWD. What a world.

      Delete
  2. I felt like I parented my brother through the dark years of my parents verbally beating the crap out of each other. So I definitely get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God.. not you, too? Jeez... That makes four of us. Well, we DO get to have a carefree Childhood if we live long enough. But we can't eat enough ice cream to make up for that, can we?

      Delete
  3. #2 -- I Zippi can't zip into her accounts, nobody can! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a back up drive, you see. It has a program. ;-) Hubby is a techie. I only worry about the US Gov and Cambridge. Lol

      Delete
  4. I also had to watch my younger siblings and cook dinner by the time I was 12. But once I got into sports, I didn't have to do as much. We cuddles with your Minnie too. We missed her while we were on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are three of us, "built in baby sitters", in the group,it seems.
      Twice I've written you a book about this growing up too soon thing, but thought better of it. The short version was that my little bro was disabled by something my dad did to him. We were all terrified of that man for good reason. He was a criminal.

      Delete
  5. Wolfie is a lucky dog to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Songbird. We are lucky to have this little dog. He's saved us from being sunk deep in sorrow many a time in the 12 years we've had him. He is 18 or 19 years old. He's a tired little guy, bless his heart.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you have Wolfie cuddles. Who's the new-to-you author?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Patricia Wentworth. I got a book for .99c and started to read it and the writing was so brilliant. I've read a couple of her books in the 60's but forgot.

      Delete
    2. Thanks about Wolfie. He is such a dear little fellow. We are going to miss him.

      Delete
  7. That is great you can give Wolfie cuddles. I always love being home with my dogs. I hate having to leave them when I go to work. Josh is home during the day though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I know what you mean about hating to leave them. Cute little cats could not care less, I think but Dogs want to be with their "pack". It's nice that Josh is home for them.

      Delete
  8. I knew your answer about sibs and childhood would be similar to mine. Born grown up. Hope you're well. Curious about the new author, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you did have a similar childhood. We were born "All Grown up" we two.

      I got a little scatty and put the reply in a twofer on Kwizgiver's blog. But it's Patricia Wentworth. I remember reading a couple of books of hers in the mid sixties, before the twins! After the twins, GAH.. no time!

      Delete
  9. Aww...I'm glad Wolfie still enjoys his cuddles. It's so hard to watch our pets get older. Love that postcard you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, and thanks. Wolfie is sleeping peacefully beside me atm.
      Hope you have a peaceful week filled with the best things.
      That postcard was fun to make. I’m sure you recognize the famous painting. That was the theme that month.. Remember: if you don’t laugh, you just gotta cry, yes! Keep laughing. 👌🏼🙏🏼❤️

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..